Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Smoke,

What type of housing are you getting for 2.5juta per month?

3 bedroom,2 bath(1in master) livingroom and den. backarea for drying laundry and some storage. hot water units in both baths. front patio. carport and scooter parking

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Smoke. Who provides your internet?

wifi mobile by hauvai( spelt wrong will correct it when home)
it cost just over 500,000 and montjly 60,000. you can have uup to 10 divices on it.
also portable wih a battery bank or 4 hours stand alone time

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
The speed of the Hauwei MIFI is what it is - whatever provider you get the sim card from that you put in the MIFI device - it only alows you to tether 10 internet devices to it - in other words you have your own little network all connecting up to the MIFI.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
it suits my needs. I download songs from one of my servers . just use it to search google and websites . used 2 laptops and 2 phones to plan next months trip to Thailand ! . all pages loaded fine .

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
wifi mobile by hauvai( spelt wrong will correct it when home)
it cost just over 500,000 and montjly 60,000. you can have uup to 10 divices on it.
also portable wih a battery bank or 4 hours stand alone time

So if i understand you correctly, you paid 600,000 to buy the Huawei device (most USB modems and Wireless Routers with SIM cards are made by either Huawei or ZTE but often are marked with the brand-name of a service provider in some country like Vodafone, Verizon, Smartfren or whoever). Then you pay 60,000 monthly to an Indo service provider like xL, 3, Smartfren or someone.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
So if i understand you correctly, you paid 600,000 to buy the Huawei device (most USB modems and Wireless Routers with SIM cards are made by either Huawei or ZTE but often are marked with the brand-name of a service provider in some country like Vodafone, Verizon, Smartfren or whoever). Then you pay 60,000 monthly to an Indo service provider like xL, 3, Smartfren or someone.

Yes and I can have up to 10 devices using it . it a sim pata chip in it ..I can also take it to the beach and have my laptop and my friends cell phones all use it at same time

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Smokey I think that point that needs to be cleared up is that the Hauwei MIFI itself don't do shit but it's the connection over the sim card and the choices made there that are of real importance when planning an internet connection not the Hauwei Mifi.

Are you getting a commission from Hauwei? :icon_e_wink:

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Are you getting a commission from Hauwei? :icon_e_wink:

NO that would be working in Indo and as a responsable SosBud holder I am not allowed to work !. Now my local Balinese friends do sell them for 750,000 rupiah with one month of activation ! delivery is extra :icon_wink:

you can purchase different package speeds I believe, but friends said the package I got is enough for what I need

I get better speed with it even when a few devices are using it then I do with my USB Smartfren ( 3gb) and only can do a pc unless u thether ur pc

davita

Mar 13, 2012
NO that would be working in Indo and as a responsable SosBud holder I am not allowed to work !.

Wow! An 'Honest Injun'...must be the first! :icon_e_biggrin:

Ooops...that was meant as a joke...please do not construe as racist...:tongue:

Billt4SF

Aug 4, 2014
The OP is approaching 3 years. What are peoples thoughts on changes to prices in that period.

OP listed prices (or close to in IDR) in 2011.

Housing - rp 5,000,000 per month (many valiable with location, rooms, pool etc).
Food - rp4,500,00 per month (Eating out cafes 3 times per week. Rest at home)
Internet - Rp645.000
Transport car running cost - Rp1.5 to 1.8 million
Electricity - Rp300 to 500.000 running 20 or 3 aircons
Banjar (village) & rubbish collection Fees: approximately rp 8.700 a month
Donations to your banjar: anywhere between rp45.000 and rp 175.000
Pembantu/maid: Rp1 million per month
LPG for your stove/cooker: About rp45.000 to rp9.000 a month
Alcohol - rp26.000 for a large bottle of Bintang

Has much changed in rp in the last 3 years? I know the exchange rate has but it would be interested to get a local perspective on how much things have changed in rp terms to gauge the real cost changes.

Does anyone want to chime in here? We are considering moving to Bali and need to get a current idea of costs. the OP had it at about $1,000 USD per month for a really nice (to my mind) place.

Thanks,

Bill & Emily

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
ok

my opinion only
electric way to low!.
gas for stove big can is 90,000 and lasts 3 months about
car expenses assuming you own the car ins is about 4-5 million a year and a tank of fuel mine costs 275,000 to325,000 depending on vehicle.oil change is about 300,000

my monthly banjar fees are 20,000 and garbage is 50,000

never paid any addition banjar fees

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
$1000 a month is about Rp11.5 million at today's exchange rate. If you look around for a while, you may find a decent 2 bedroom villa with pool at that price in the south of Bali (not Seminyak but maybe Kerobokan, Canggu, Umalas), but you would need to pay for 12 months upfront.

If you're looking to pay monthly, somewhere in the vicinity of Rp13 to 15 million per month is more realistic. Sanur, I've heard, is probably a bit cheaper but I'm sure others located in Sanur can give you a better idea.

Electricity has increased by around 30% since the original post and is due for two more increases this year.

Billt4SF

Aug 4, 2014
$1000 a month is about Rp11.5 million at today's exchange rate. If you look around for a while, you may find a decent 2 bedroom villa with pool at that price in the south of Bali (not Seminyak but maybe Kerobokan, Canggu, Umalas), but you would need to pay for 12 months upfront.

If you're looking to pay monthly, somewhere in the vicinity of Rp13 to 15 million per month is more realistic. Sanur, I've heard, is probably a bit cheaper but I'm sure others located in Sanur can give you a better idea.

Electricity has increased by around 30% since the original post and is due for two more increases this year.

Are there any good villas (or equivalent nice places to live) in Eastern Bali? I think that's where the good diving is. I'm wondering if we would really like to live in that area, or if it would be too remote. I guess we'll just have to come and see!

- Bill & Emily

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
Eggs in the organic market...3000idr each....in the little ma and pa shop up the road and around the corner...1000idr.

Full cream milk, 1lt in ma and pa shop, forget the brand name...30000idr...in bintang seminyak 34000idr.