Von

Apr 28, 2011
Hi, This is my first post and also my first trip to Bali. I'm on a Batik (Beach Sarong) buying trip. I will in search of small family run factories - "not" the usual places that tourists buy.

I'm looking for someone who knows this industry and can get me around to the locally run factories. Or, if you know of any factory locations, I'll appreciate any details you can pass on.

I'll be in Bali on Monday for 15 days and also be happy to meet with anyone who knows this business and can guide me to locally run batik factories.

Thank so much in advance,

Von

Last edited:

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
I have a friend who buys items including sarongs for re-sale in Australia. She has found the Sukawati markets as a great place to find a wide range at good prices (depending on your bargaining capabilities). I know you are thinking of buying direct from factories - but I would still suggest you spend some time in Sukawati, because markets that bring product from many sources to a central point really do make sense.

Von

Apr 28, 2011
Thanks for your suggestion!

Bueno!

I was planning on doing exactly that on my first day.

I'm sure by checking out the Sukawati market it will give a good idea of what 'not' to pay. Market prices are too high and I also need my own embroidered logos put onto the sarong. Factory is the only way to go, but there always difficult to find, because nobody want to give up their hiding places.

My volume is around, 10,000 sarongs monthly, and I'll be heading to Java as well end of next week. I'm a serious buyer, looking for all the advice and help I can get.

Thanks,

Von

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.

jcrane

Jun 3, 2013
Hi Von, I bought sarongs from a sarongs shop on Jalan nakula, contact ary 08179731022 edy 081 338 498 210

sudarma

Jan 7, 2012
Jimbaran Bali
Hi Von, I have a Batik shop in Jimbaran, And I have a friend in Denpasar has a garment producing any kind of cloths as well sarong. I always get the stuff for my shop there. He make for some retailers in Australia, and branded shop in Bali. You can put your own logo. You can email Wayan for more info at [email protected] or call 085239459217

jcrane

Jun 3, 2013
Sourcing sarongs in Bali for first time

Hi shoggard, i can see. But you know this is my first trip to Bali sourcing for sarongs (visited bali many times for vacation) IMHO it ain't easy. must choose from many family owned batik factories. Meet many batik artists during my visit. I met one that fit to my requirements. Anyone who need help in sourcing for sarongs in Bali, inbox me

Peanic

Jul 23, 2013
Hi Guys I have a very good friend here in Bali who does the most fantastic Batik Sarongs .....you can find him on Facebook under 2 different names BLACKMUSHROOM and AWANK BLACKMUSHROOM........he is a brilliant artist and so are all the boys that work for him .....if you want to contact him send me a PN ..........I have been here for a long time now and can tell the good from the bad these guys are ...GOOD HONEST AND RELIABLE ......

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
It looked horrible, sorry but that isn't Batik the way I understand Batik. Those are simple prints with some tie-die thrown in the mix.

Tell me if I'm wrong but most of the shite sold in shops as Batik is simply printed cloth and not made through the expensive, time consuming and detailed process of wax exclusion immersion.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
But no you're not wrong - hence my earlier suggestion that the OP goes to Java... but these people don't seem to want to fit in with the way the world is, they want it to fit in with their holiday in the sun

I couldn't find either BLACKMUSHROOM or AWANK BLACKMUSHROOM on Facebook

Peanic

Jul 23, 2013
Markit

This was only a contact point ...this factory does do batik the proper way all the boys trained in Jogja the home of Batik and all done with wax .....Blackmushroom was the contact ...there are no pictures of the Batik there but IF you are serious their factory is in Denpasar .......IF you are just having fun commenting on what you think you know then leave it be ....I was only trying to help ......obviously you are not ......

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
No, you were not trying to help, you were trying to plug your friends crummy business and thought you had found a bunch of fucking idiots that would believe your senseless bullshit.

What you have done is made a couple of thousand potential customers perfectly aware of the fact that A wanky Blackmushroom is not a serious business run my professionals.

Have a nice day :livid:

Peanic

Jul 23, 2013
Someone told me you were a nice person ....I totally disagree with them u are a very rude arrogant pig ....and no I was not trying to help friends I was helping the locals and the person who asked for information.......to speak to someone you do not know like that is rude .......I have been living here for years and treat all with respect .....you DO NOT ......

I know you do this to upset people you have not upset me as there are so many wankers like you that think they know it all .......get over yourself.......

alex margou

Jul 20, 2013
Hi Guys I have a very good friend here in Bali who does the most fantastic Batik Sarongs .....you can find him on Facebook under 2 different names BLACKMUSHROOM and AWANK BLACKMUSHROOM........he is a brilliant artist and so are all the boys that work for him .....if you want to contact him send me a PN ..........I have been here for a long time now and can tell the good from the bad these guys are ...GOOD HONEST AND RELIABLE ......

Hello Peanic,

I can't find your friend on FB with names BLACKMUSHROOM and AWANK BLACKMUSHROOM. What is FB name now?

Alex