Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I would guess that this is the only society on the planet where the rich (us Bule) are not treated with kid gloves and given every benefit that exists.

Wonder why that is?

shazam

Jan 17, 2013
www.youtube.com
Two million Rp, that's about US$200. It's not worth for your Japanese bank to investigate anything. This type of thievery is just part of doing business for a bank: report the theft of the card and you are no longer responsible for any charges which may follow. And you should have a new card with a new number a few days later.
This is true, $200 is chump change for the bank and not worth their while so it will be written off. I was taken for AU$15,000 and was reimbursed by the bank so they lost a total of $30,000. They will make this back in 1.8 milliseconds according to their multi billion dollar profits so don't worry about it. Shareholders also won't notice it.

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Injustice is soo strong in this part of the world ...

Anyone else had any "close encounters" with local taxi mafia ?

I almoust did .. when he did not wanted to let me with scooter . .and it was raining cats and dogs .... I exchanged few words.... he did not exited the car .. But I was hoping he will .... Who knows what would happen .. maybe I would got beaten ... (becouse near by taxi drivers and locals would probobly get in group, but you never know, nowdays are tricky time , everyone for himself ...) maybe vice versa .... "Luckly" this guy did not got out ... Later I was like "WTF I was thinking, I dont need this shit, chill out dude, it is just trafic jam"
But at that point i was ready to take my chanses (adrenaline rush .. lack of racio avcours)

Later on one boy who was driving allong my side on next traffic lite .. was smiling and telling me "you were lucky" !!?? And I was thinking .. f*ck off .. today was perfect day to die! (yea yea .. adrenaline still rushing) ... later on i calmed down with thoughts "I do not need this s*it"
Sometimes I wish I was like that main guy from movie "Big Lebowsky" ...

Those taxi drivers are so nasty ....

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Odez, I realise English is not your 1st language (what is it?) but from picking my way through your post & trying to understand the scene: It does sound to me that you were the one 'confronting' the taxi & looking for a fight.

Just thinkng :angel:

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
1st is Serbo-Bosnia-Croatian

Well you know majority of taxi drivers ... not letting anyone .... want to squeeze wherever is impossible for car to squezze in .. and thus stuck a flow of motorbikes that way .. etc etc ... monkey business !
Same kind of thing happen to me ... only this time he was inside in the cab and me outside on the rain, that was little bit of frustrating to watch while its heavily raining!
After waiting for a minute or so for someone to let me pass infront ..... no one was willing to do so .. so i did it quickly in fromnt of that taxi .. and he started honking agressively ! I said APA APAAAAA amd he opened window and started shouting on Bali I guess .. I was shouting .. Kampung Laki-Laki .... fuck off bla bla .. (he seemd very upset when he heard that, but did not came out)

In here you must fight for your living space ! Sad but true !
Even in immigration office ... no one will ask you ANYTHING for hours, if you stand in line and wait your turn like IDIOT, while bunch of Indonesians I guess (and a lot of bad behaving local elder ladies included) jump/squeeze infront of you .. or even give their documents OVER you .. like you are not there like you are non existant !
A lot of bule started to copy their "modus operandi" also... what can they do .. !!??

But I got used to it ...
Not all people are bad ....
Godd things happens .. like once they accepted my ... papers when all counters in immigration was close .... WHOOOOOOO no way ... :D
Some lady helped me with Map Mera when i fucked up something with it ...FREE OF CHARGE .... WHOOOW !

Awsome country :D

Yea yea i know i am frustrated and bittered ... but that is that kind of stage after 1 and half year living in here ... bitternes , frustration .. etc .. after first few months of exicitement ...

I hope after 5-6 years all will come to its place if I meange so far !
And BTW should be ever come to that stage that we on extreme poverty, primitivism, injustice .. react simply with indifference ?

Last edited:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Wow! Ever lanced a boil anyone?

If it helps Odez I would suggest you get away from the south... stuff is cheaper and stress levels drop quickly.

After 5 years here my biggest stress is deciding everyday where and what to have for lunch/breakfast.

Wouldn't touch a bicycle with a Dutchman.