NeMeSiS

Feb 20, 2011
Hi all

Would be in Ubud @ end Mar would love to ride ATV.
Which one is more reputable & fun?

Thanks!

Vin

Oct 1, 2009
Singapore, Tabanan
Yes..it is a real rush... when one takes on the bumps of a rough mountain terrain...through mountain streams and dense forests. I happened to do it on a day when it had rained....so had wet slimy mud all over me. But it was great fun.
I went to a resort near Jakarta (LIDO LAKES RESORT) :: Lido Lakes Resort & Conference :: The resort has a Golf course, ATV, Aero club and Paintball

NeMeSiS

Feb 20, 2011
Also destrys the peace and tranquilty that is Ubud and takes away from its environment:icon_sad:

It's only located specific location hence it's not destroying all the peace and tranquilty in all Ubud

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
See Bali adventure tours, not that close to ubud but the best. wait for a wet day & wear something you can throw away.

Attachments

• bali 08.2008041.jpg
    bali 08.2008041.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 92

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Hey Gilbert - you need to explore Ubud a bit more. Maybe you are just thinking of Monkey Forest Road or the market. In the Campuan - Penestanan area, plenty of homestays are on paths where there are no cars or motorbikes, others are on paths with motorbikes, but no cars. Usually there is the sound of running water nearby - often from the irrigation channels that have small waterfalls built into them. Peace and tranquility - a perfect description.

Even on Monkey Forest Road, a resort like Komaneka (Komaneka Resorts at Ubud Bali: Explore Hotels Resort, Honeymoon and Spa Accommodation) has bungalows with private terraces and plunge pools overlooking a river valley and rice fields - peaceful and tranquil and bloody expensive - but there you go.

Last edited:

NeMeSiS

Feb 20, 2011
Sorry gals and guys

We are talking about ATV rides :icon_mrgreen:

So any more recommendations?

Thank you.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
when I was young(er) and crazier, I once bought a new car when on a holiday to get around (and chicks, hahaa)...after the holiday I sold it :icon_biggrin:

sorry for te off-topic....again:icon_wink:

tobaman

Aug 19, 2010
bali
Hi all

Would be in Ubud @ end Mar would love to ride ATV.
Which one is more reputable & fun?

Thanks!

I saw it few years ago, about 7-10km north of Payangan (20km from Ubud). It's on left side of the main road Payangan - Kintamani in a very nice village named Sidemen. I forgot the name of the ATV group that done regular ride there...it's on the start point of Ayung River

Good luck