Why is it so freaking hard to buy a simple bleeding inflatable pool lilo in Bali?

LATAH

I have been searching for something to float around on in the pool since last November - back then I put it down to, sold out due to Christmas demand - but I still can't find one!

I've tried Carrefour, Bintang, two Ace Hardwares and whatever the hell the name is of that other gigantic supermarket/department store at Galleria. I know many of these places supposedly sell them as they are hanging on the ceiling, taunting me (they wont sell me the display).

Before I set off on, what I fear will be, yet anther useless expedition...has anyone actually seen one of these elusive pieces of plastic in stock anywhere?

Are there any other obvious places I should be trying?
:icon_e_confused:

I have been searching for something to float around on in the pool since last November -
Are there any other obvious places I should be trying?
:icon_e_confused:

First of all,the supply seemed to have dried up the last two years.Before you could buy swimrings and inflatable matrasses in all sizes.Mata Hari department store and hardy's in Sanur used to have the best choice.I am not sure what a lilo is;a swimring or mattres?
In the Mata Hari department store on Kuta square there are two places where they sell stuff like that:in the toys department and in a special shop-in-shop that also sells sportsgear and guitars,behind the shoe department at the frontside of the building.This last place usually sells better quality.The stuff from the toys department is not very lasting,to put it mildly.
Please keep us informed if you find good supply somewhere.

Do you know anyone in Australia that could buy you some and bring them over? If your not having any luck finding them in Bali, Kmart has pool stuff on clearance atm... inflatable pool mattress $3, inflatable pool chairs for $5... That is in WA though.

Maybe you could stock up from Australia then sell them in Bali :)

I have a constant stream of folk coming here from Australia. I can easily ask one of these folk to bring in something for you.
Many of them bring in cheese, spirits and various meats for me. A fair few of them bring in pool mattresses and pool noodles. They often leave them with me. There are a couple of mattress against the wall here (pointing) you can have them if you want.

Thanks everyone!

I'm going to give it one last ditch effort and try Hermit & Gilbert's suggestions (thanks) - I'll let you know how I get on.

I've found plenty of those inflatable mattresses with the fake fury, velvty stuff on them that are usually used as an extra bed - I guess they'd float and would prob dry out ok. If that doesn't work out, I'll ask someone to bring me one from Oz.

Still, I'm baffled as to why this elusive yet common product, is in threat of extinction in Bali. Surely, Bali has got to have a high pool/per capita ratio.

Cheers.

Why don't you take no.idea up on his kind offer? He has two pool mattresses available and I'm assuming they're free, if you want to pick them up!:icon_wink:

Why don't you take no.idea up on his kind offer? He has two pool mattresses available and I'm assuming they're free, if you want to pick them up!:icon_wink:

Yes, Matsaleh...it is a very kind offer and I had meant to acknowledge it in my last post but accidentally submitted the post while I was trying to respond. I'll remedy that now.

I have a constant stream of folk coming here from Australia. I can easily ask one of these folk to bring in something for you.
Many of them bring in cheese, spirits and various meats for me. A fair few of them bring in pool mattresses and pool noodles. They often leave them with me. There are a couple of mattress against the wall here (pointing) you can have them if you want.

Thank you No.Idea - that is a very kind offer indeed! :icon_cool::icon_e_smile: Are you absolutely sure you won't need all of them for your guests? If, the offer is there I'd love to take you up on it?

Many thanks

LATAH said:
I think the least I could do is supply the Bingtang....or does no.idea have a bar?

Best if no.idea replies to you on this one. He may wish to keep his anonymity.

Back