WilnocK

May 20, 2012
Couple of days ago I got pull over by the police, my International driving license happend to be expired by 1 month.
I got a fine (250.000 IDR)

My problem is I have no idea where to go in denpasar to pay the fine?

On the top of the paper I have it's say: "POLRES BADUNG"
I went on Kepolisian Daerah Bali Resor Badung (Jln. Raya Mengwi 1, Desa Mengwitani, Bali), and over there, I found the person in charge, when he check his records, he couldn't find anything with my name/motorbike number

He said I should ask at the denpasar district court.
Can anyone informed me a bit more about that?

Thank You for your helps.

bakung

May 4, 2011
Couple of days ago I got pull over by the police, my International driving license happend to be expired by 1 month.

I went on Kepolisian Daerah Bali Resor Badung (Jln. Raya Mengwi 1, Desa Mengwitani, Bali), and over there, I found the person in charge, when he check his records, he couldn't find anything with my name/motorbike number

Thank You for your helps.[/QUOTE

Is it April 1 already ?. :icon_e_surprised:

WilnocK

May 20, 2012
No, this is not a joke, this is a serious question.
I'm surprise everytime someone is rising the questions of fine on this forum, everyone assume this is a joke.

Is it possible in 2014 to have an awnser to my question, I can provide a Scan if you want.

WilnocK

May 20, 2012
Well, thanks to the limitation of the forum, it appear I cannot post a Link/image/video...

So the image is on imgur : imgur_dot_com_slash_UouvNUU_dot_jpg

bakung

May 4, 2011
No, this is not a joke, this is a serious question.
I'm surprise everytime someone is rising the questions of fine on this forum, everyone assume this is a joke.

Is it possible in 2014 to have an awnser to my question, I can provide a Scan if you want.

Just drop the 250000 of to me i will get it sorted out for you so then you can get on with enjoying yourself as all your worry will be gone, just leave the money in any bar you choose and i will pick it up. Cheers :icon_e_wink:

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Well, thanks to the limitation of the forum, it appear I cannot post a Link/image/video...

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

WilnocK

May 20, 2012
Errors
The following errors occurred with your submission
You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.

You stay classy BaliPod

Last edited:

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.

Thank You for your helps.

on the back of the ticket, there should be a courtdate mentioned...
ussualy though, they (the police) will take the stnk when issueing a ticket, wich will be given back when fine has been paid at the administration at the courthouse

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
on the back of the ticket, there should be a courtdate mentioned...
ussualy though, they (the police) will take the stnk when issueing a ticket, wich will be given back when fine has been paid at the administration at the courthouse

Apparently the police are legally not allowed to keep the STNK.

Also, when you get a ticket there are two options, either the option to pay the fine a the police office or to pay it by bank transfer (through an ATM). I've been told that the bank transfer is the easiest if you choose to do it legal.

If me, I go for the bribe. Costs less and saves a LOT of time. Then again, I have all paperwork.

bakung

May 4, 2011
Apparently the police are legally not allowed to keep the STNK.

Also, when you get a ticket there are two options, either the option to pay the fine a the police office or to pay it by bank transfer (through an ATM). I've been told that the bank transfer is the easiest if you choose to do it legal.

If me, I go for the bribe. Costs less and saves a LOT of time. Then again, I have all paperwork.

Tut Tut :icon_eek:

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Hi WilnocK , I applaud you for trying to follow through. If we want a reduction in police corruption, we need to accept these tickets and work with the system. Maybe their computer systems are not really up to it yet, and they have "lost" your details. Keep us posted if you find out a way to pay it.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Unfortunately, paying a bribe is faster, easier and less expensive. It is in the police their favour to keep it this way and they will make sure to make it as time consuming as possible so that when after you have finally managed to legally pay your fine you will never go that way again.

I'm not agreeing with it but it's just the way it works.

Gozer

Jul 1, 2013
Denpasar, Bali
I haven't had an issue with the police yet so I had to ask my wife's cousin who is a district attorney. She has told me that there should be a court date on the ticket and that when/if you are found guilty, can pay your fine there. If you miss your court date or decide not to go you can pay at the district attorney office.

G

Gurkha

Once everything is 'done & dusted', please could you scan the traffic ticket and post it on this forum. I think many forum members would like to know what a traffic ticket looks like!
It would also be good to see what the serial number is - probably 0000001

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Once everything is 'done & dusted', please could you scan the traffic ticket and post it on this forum. I think many forum members would like to know what a traffic ticket looks like!
It would also be good to see what the serial number is - probably 0000001

Google image search for Surat Tilang and you'll find plenty of examples.

If you object the ticket then the police officer will give you a red ticket with a court date.

If you agree with the ticket then the police officer will give you a blue ticket which you can take to the bank (I think BRI) and pay the fee.

If you don't wanna pay the bribe then ask for the blue ticket unless you want to spend time at court.

Sosialisasi Pengertian Surat Tilang | hendri.my.id

WilnocK

May 20, 2012
...if you choose to do it legal.

2014, and it's still possible to read that?
How is it possible to honestly not doing legal? Can someone explain me what interest I have to go for the non-legal?
I'm a foreigner, I choose to live here, and how am I suppose to accept to participate to detroy this nation.

bakung

May 4, 2011
2014, and it's still possible to read that?
How is it possible to honestly not doing legal? Can someone explain me what interest I have to go for the non-legal?
I'm a foreigner, I choose to live here, and how am I suppose to accept to participate to detroy this nation.

Indonesia runs and thrives on corruption, it will never change nor do the Indonesian people want it to change. Learn to live with it.