visa agent sanur

AllyG

I am staying in Sanur over Easter, coming from Perth.

Is there anyone that could recommend a visa agent, not too expensive and knows his stuff!

Thanks

AllyG

Most agents charge quite a bit,,I have found out you can do it yourself,,do the free visa on arrival,,go online when you get there ,imigrasi site,,download and fill out forms ,submit and it gets started,,have heard you can get a Vita's in a few days,,at not much cost,,

If you take the last reply to your question then you are being seriously misled,however it would help to know how long you intend staying,free visa on arrival is 30 days only then you have to leave,paid visa on arrival allows an additional 30 day extension,and is very easy to extend yourself,just be prepared for 3 visits to immigration ,

I was there for ny 11 th visit..in feb march.18...go on the imigrasi website .and you will see what they require and they outline procedure...do it as soon as you arrive...and you can extend to the second 30 days..yes you will have to visit imigrasi sebetal times and need a sponsor letter.but it all there on the website

If you take the last reply to your question then you are being seriously misled,however it would help to know how long you intend staying,free visa on arrival is 30 days only then you have to leave,paid visa on arrival allows an additional 30 day extension,and is very easy to extend yourself,just be prepared for 3 visits to immigration ,
Thanks for your reply. I intend to live in Sanur for 5 years on a retirement visa? I also have a problem in that I want to bring my small dog to Sanur. So far I have know I can fly him to Jakarta as there are no rabbies and then have him driven for 3 days in a vehicle. Has anyone out there done this before please.

Thanks for your reply. I intend to live in Sanur for 5 years on a retirement visa? I also have a problem in that I want to bring my small dog to Sanur. So far I have know I can fly him to Jakarta as there are no rabbies and then have him driven for 3 days in a vehicle. Has anyone out there done this before please.

AllyG...welcome to the forum.
1. A retirement visa does require an agent to sponsor and make the application. It cannot be done DIY.
2. Dogs, and some other animals, are banned from entering Bali...even from Java. There are some gruesome pictures of beautiful pets being euthanized at Gillimanuk ferry when traders were caught illegally trying to bring them across on the ferry. It isn't a risk worth taking if you love your pet....better find a home for (it) before leaving.

AllyG...welcome to the forum.
1. A retirement visa does require an agent to sponsor and make the application. It cannot be done DIY.
2. Dogs, and some other animals, are banned from entering Bali...even from Java. There are some gruesome pictures of beautiful pets being euthanized at Gillimanuk ferry when traders were caught illegally trying to bring them across on the ferry. It isn't a risk worth taking if you love your pet....better find a home for (it) before leaving.
My neighbors had their dog flown from Europe to Jakarta where it underwent quarantine for a month then shipped by courier by truck to Bali. So there must be some means of arranging transfer at Gilimanuk because I have also heard the euthanizing story.

My neighbors had their dog flown from Europe to Jakarta where it underwent quarantine for a month then shipped by courier by truck to Bali. So there must be some means of arranging transfer at Gilimanuk because I have also heard the euthanizing story.

It is illegal to bring any dog into Bali from wherever.... a simple google will explain.
Smugglers do it for a fee but, if caught, the consequences are grim...the smugglers get away lightly (probably) but the dog pays the ultimate price by being euthanized.
Here are some disturbing pics and video of the event recorded a while ago...WARNING....if squeamish do not click on the link.....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/horrific-video-shows-officials-bali-3904949

...Here are some disturbing pics and video of the event recorded a while ago...WARNING....if squeamish do not click on the link.....
On the contrary. I think people should click that link and see how the peaceful, friendly Balinese treat those dogs.
Absolutely disgusting, stupid and crazy. This is not the way to “control rabies”. There’s a bit where a smiling female staffer is taking pictures on her smartphone, moments before a puppy is killed. What the hell? Is she a psychopath? How do any of those people sleep at night?

On the other hand, maybe those workers think that they’re doing a worthwhile job. Because they’re uneducated and don’t know any better.
I’d like to see the lot of them put down...

:mad:

It is illegal to bring any dog into Bali from wherever.... a simple google will explain.
Smugglers do it for a fee but, if caught, the consequences are grim...the smugglers get away lightly (probably) but the dog pays the ultimate price by being euthanized.
Here are some disturbing pics and video of the event recorded a while ago...WARNING....if squeamish do not click on the link.....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/horrific-video-shows-officials-bali-3904949

Did not view your link, but if illegal why would there exist a process for quarantining in Jakarta? Understand that Bali is a separate propinsi, but would guess that if people went to all that expense they would be unlikely to risk their pet's death. Will learn the process next and inform.

Did not view your link, but if illegal why would there exist a process for quarantining in Jakarta? Understand that Bali is a separate propinsi, but would guess that if people went to all that expense they would be unlikely to risk their pet's death. Will learn the process next and inform.

Pets from rabies-free countries are allowed into Jakarta/Java but must go through quarantine on arrival in Jakarta. This quarantine is for pets destined to stay in Java.
from http://www.expat.or.id/info/pets.html.....
"The Indonesian Government has confirmed that the Jakarta area and the entire area of Java Island will be Rabies Free, thus the need for quarantine. The recommended quarantine is officially given as 14 days upon clearance at the airport and there is a fee for Quarantine services."

Bali has a separate rule that, at this time, does not permit the importation of any dogs....even from Java.

I would definitely welcome any information regarding transportation of pets,so please do keep us informed if you get any more info,

I would definitely welcome any information regarding transportation of pets,so please do keep us informed if you get any more info,

I have found two companies that can assist:

***** and ****** (PM me for names).

For my cat I have been quoted IDR 25,300,000 from one and IDR 48,500,000 from the other.

The issues for me:

It's a one way journey. If I decide to move back whilst he's still alive I won't likely find a good home - which I could in Australia.
If caught will he be 'destroyed' ?
If caught how will that affect my future visas?

It's a hard choice, I don't want to leave home but the above are concerning. The prices however are ok, not a decider for me. They include all the paperwork but flight to Jakarta, airline cat box and preflight medicals (including rabies) are extra.

Last edited:
I have found two companies that can assist:

Jakpetz and Seven Heaven.

For my cat I have been quoted IDR 25,300,000 from one and IDR 48,500,000 from the other.

The issues for me:

It's a one way journey. If I decide to move back whilst he's still alive I won't likely find a good home - which I could in Australia.
If caught will he be 'destroyed' ?
If caught how will that affect my future visas?

It's a hard choice, I don't want to leave home but the above are concerning. The prices however are ok, not a decider for me. They include all the paperwork but flight to Jakarta, airline cat box and preflight medicals (including rabies) are extra.

Are you sure you asked those companies if they will bring your cat to Bali?

Yes, one even comments on the illegality but I have edited out the names now incase I cause issues.
If that is the case you are wise to you have deleted their names as they are committing an illegal act if they import to Bali. I would get some guarantee that your cat will arrive safely, in Bali, before payment.
Cats and dogs are NOT permitted to be imported nor exported into or out of Bali. Google any site to find those rules are still relevant.

Thanks for the update,however the prices you were quoted make no sence,the higher price is more than double the lower price,and no guarantees, seems to me to be very easy for either company taking thousands of your dollars ,pick up your cat and then tell you sorry we got caught,now you have no cat and out thousands of dollars,for that money I would want a written guarantee,too many loose ends involved,also for that price you could charter a chopper in bali have him fly to the nearest point in java and fly back to bali with your cat,you are talking almost $5,000 here,definitely not worth the risk,seems like a scam to me,

Back