BatamBule

Aug 1, 2010
Hi Folks,
Is there an English type bakery in Ubud which sells freshly baked bread, savoury and fruit pies & cakes etc?
Cheers,
BB

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Hi Folks,
Is there an English type bakery in Ubud which sells freshly baked bread, savoury and fruit pies & cakes etc?
Cheers,
BB

BB, there are a number of bakeries in Ubud but what you just described was an act of cruelty to expats living here. I guess Kue is the best known bakery but I'm not a big fan for some reason. To me they're just o.k. Cafe Wayan has a bakery and my husband swears by their cinnamon buns. They also have breads, cakes, pies, etc. and they are all pretty good.
The Bintang grocery store sells baguettes.
And if you haven't been to the little deli beside Pizza Bagus they also have a selection of breads in addition to a few cheeses and a some deli meats. There is a small organic market in front of Pizza Bagus on Saturday morning and the place is buzzing with expats. We don't know any expats here, except on BaliPod but so far we haven't stuck our noses over anyone's table to introduce ourselves. We go to Starfish Language School on Saturday morning just a few doors down from Pizza Bagus so it's an easy spot for us.
I hope someone else can chime in and give some more recommendations.

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
A week ago we found Kakiang Kakiang Ubud Bakery near Perama buses. Got their multi-grain bread - a large loaf for Rp28,000. Not so cheap but really good. Follow the link to see photos.

Hi, I saw that Casa Luna is also selling bread and pastries. The bread we had in the restaurant is pretty good, the cakes as well. Just an option, I usually buy bread/rolls at Carrefour and put them in the freezer. I heat up the rolls/or even the small baquettes in a oven toaster - wonderful, just like fresh ones. Bread, just defrost - or if you have a microwave, defrost them in the microwave. Tastes like fresh as well. Hope it helps.