Mishy85

Mar 27, 2012
Hi All,

My friend and I are moving to Bali in August and are looking for jobs. We are 26 and 23 years old and our occupations at home are Marketing Manager and Editor of magazine. We are wanting Administration/Marketing/PR/Hospitality jobs. Does anyone know the best place to start looking for this type of work?????:icon_smile:

rasi

Aug 26, 2010
It is quite hard for expats to get jobs in Bali... You could check the Bali advertiser. There is a place is seminyak called aquamarine diving. I remember them always looking for expat staff. Can't hurt to ask them if they have any jobs :) can I ask, are you moving permanently as in sold up everything home or just extended holiday moving?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
You should know that for any foreigner to legally work in Indonesia a work permit is required from the RI Gov't.
This permit is applied for by the employer and requires a fee of US$1200/year to be paid up front to an Employement Training Fund.
A general principle is that a foreigner should not take a job away from an Indonesian, thus many restrictions are applied.

Mishy85

Mar 27, 2012
It is quite hard for expats to get jobs in Bali... You could check the Bali advertiser. There is a place is seminyak called aquamarine diving. I remember them always looking for expat staff. Can't hurt to ask them if they have any jobs :) can I ask, are you moving permanently as in sold up everything home or just extended holiday moving?

Hi Rasi,

Thank you for that information. I hope it is not too hard and that we can find work as I would really like to stay there for awhile. We are not permanently moving there it is the first stop on our travels around the world. I love Bali and thought is would be a nice way to start our 1 year + travels. I will give aquamarine diving a try you never know.

Mishy85

Mar 27, 2012
You should know that for any foreigner to legally work in Indonesia a work permit is required from the RI Gov't.
This permit is applied for by the employer and requires a fee of US$1200/year to be paid up front to an Employement Training Fund.
A general principle is that a foreigner should not take a job away from an Indonesian, thus many restrictions are applied.

Yes I am aware of all of this but I know a few people who work over there. I would not be wanting to take any jobs from the locals and so would only be interested in doing work for positions they need filled by expats.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.

they are looking for foreigners to sponsor, aka...the foreigner pays them.