davita

According to news there are potential terrorists threats that may occur in RI during the forthcoming Xmas and New Year festivities.
IMO It's a pity RI broke-off arrangements with the Australian Security Service...If they had the ability to listen to SBY chat to ANI surely they could easily have triangulated any jihadist planners!

Last edited:
The counter terrorism guys never cut the cooperation between two countries, Indonesia can't really afford to do it.
What they have done is saving face by reducing things that common people can see in the surface.

Here's a tip to get through all the bombings: Stay away from big malls and main expat spots, you'll be safe in Ubud, Singaraja or even Karangasem (there's a god who loves cheese as a compulsory offerings for him):highly_amused:

..... which news? Have not heard anything here in Germany!

Quarter front page in Bali Daily (supplement to Jakarta Post) dated Dec 12th.
"Security tightened for Xmas and New Year"

Also saw on Asian TV (English) a ribbon sign saying terrorist threats have been detected in Jakarta and other cities.

update: today 13 Nov Page 2 Jakarta Post "SBY warns of security threats ahead of Xmas." "Xmas, New Year could be used to wreck havoc ahead of the 2014 elections" "Police Chief warns of terrorist activity bubbling up".
Co-ordinating political, legal and security affairs Minister Djoko Suyanto toned down the President and Police Chief's warnings.... saying such security measures "were normal...just like cracking down on traffic violations!"

Last edited:
Dunno, yesterday was the first time I'd ever seen an armed sentry at the front door of Hardy's in Sanur! If there was a threat I'm sure they wouldn't publicize it through fear of panicking the small people. Or would they? Who knows....

'....armed sentry?" you mean a man wearring a uniform and carrying an assault rifle. TNI does not have sentries!

'....armed sentry?" you mean a man wearring a uniform and carrying an assault rifle. TNI does not have sentries!

who said the mentioned sentry was TNI ?
every other week overhere at BCA when a money-truck brings money in or takes money out, there are armed police-officers with automatic rifles.

If we start avoiding everything then the terroists win. If I avoided all malls, supermarkets, popular restaurants and large gatherings I'd never leave the house.

who said the mentioned sentry was TNI ?
every other week overhere at BCA when a money-truck brings money in or takes money out, there are armed police-officers with automatic rifles.

TNI, Police , Marines, Air Force, whatever, none of them know the duties of a sentry!
Actually, the armed guard is a requirement of the Insurance company for the cash-in-transit company - nothing to do with terrorism !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back