PoetriCantique

Hi there,

I need help if anyone know any suplier or shop that I can get cheaper price for foreign cooking material such as mayonaise, mustard, smoked salmon, etc.... I am new in Bali, and If I get it in shop such as gourmet cafe the price is expensive..... if anyone know any info can you pm me... Thank you..:icon_e_smile:

The government imposes 200% duty on imported food and beverages; that's why they're expensive here.

Having said that, some items are cheaper at Carrefour (in the imported goods aisle), but they don't have the same range as the gourmet delis.

thq for the reply.....
Compare to the shop I find in Surabaya, the price is so much different...... I was thinking to buy bulk, maybe it will save me some money, but do I really need to buy it in Surabaya and ship it to Bali....? still think for the answer...

Bulk Goods

If you buy in bulk,the Lotte Mart(formerly Makro)on jalan Bypass just west of sanur will give discount.

For all you lovers of British Cuisine (oxymoron?) I have recently discovered that Hardys now does a great can of Ayum brand baked beans - better IMHO than Heinz, which aint saying a lot but still.

Wow did you hear the rush of the stampeding Brits?

Hi,

If you are looking for cheeses, cold cuts, chilled imported beef, salmon steak etc - take a look at Ubud Deli on Jalan Raya Mas/Ubud - opposite Babi Guling Ibu Oka.

Hi,

If you are looking for cheeses, cold cuts, chilled imported beef, salmon steak etc - take a look at Ubud Deli on Jalan Raya Mas/Ubud - opposite Babi Guling Ibu Oka.

I wandered in to the Ubud Deli yesterday for the first time. I’ve been excited about it because it is much closer to our house than the grocery stores. I didn’t plan to buy anything because our refrigerator is full of lawar and sate right now. But there are some great products there that I haven’t seen since we moved to Bali and I ended up with a couple of bags full. The southern part of Bali has some places like this but the Ubud Deli is a first for the Ubud area.

Also we are getting a branch of Bali Deli (from Seminyak) right in the main street of Ubud, opposite Lotus Cafe - not open yet. We Ubudians are now totally covered for any gourmet treat that we desire, and our wallets can cope with. CANT WAIT!!:icon_biggrin:

Hi,

Yes, worth a look. Here is the card, and the map by Warung Bernadette next door. (Click on the images for detail.)

Attachments

• UbudDeli.jpg
    UbudDeli.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 67
  • Bernadette002.jpg
    Bernadette002.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 59
Also we are getting a branch of Bali Deli (from Seminyak) right in the main street of Ubud, opposite Lotus Cafe - not open yet. We Ubudians are now totally covered for any gourmet treat that we desire, and our wallets can cope with. CANT WAIT!!:icon_biggrin:

You are kidding!Who starts a place like that in a spot where you can not park?

All these suggestions are great, but the original poster was looking for a place to buy imported products at a cheaper price. All of the delis mentioned are super-expensive; I can't afford to shop in any of them.:icon_sad:

You are kidding!Who starts a place like that in a spot where you can not park?

Totally agree, so Ubud Deli in Mas will do a roaring trade, you can only park in the main street comfortably between midnight and 7am lol

Back