phil170258

Feb 13, 2011
Has anybody had experience with locally made stereo equipment (amp, speakers) or knows a good shop to buy some? I'm not talking high-end - I've got some of that in a container back in Aus - but just something that will do the job while we're here.

cheers, phil

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
No problem, hi tec up to date cheap. LG does it all. Spend about 1.300,000 IDR you can watch videos on it too.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Well, I am not aware of Indonesian brands, but as mat says there is plenty of Korean, Chinese, Japanese brands readily available. Carrefour and Lotte Mart are worth a look. A year ago in a thread on gas cookers I mentioned UFO in North Denpasar with directions. Besides gas cookers they have a big range of audio gear, home theatre, and TV etc.

phil170258

Feb 13, 2011
Great - I live in Kerobokan, so UFO is close to my place. Will check it out tomorrow.

Also not sure where to post this, but there's a guy on the 2nd floor of RTC on Gatsu who is an absolute whiz with iPhones/iPods/iPads.

He brought my wife's iPhone back from the dead for a very reasonable price.

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Great - I live in Kerobokan, so UFO is close to my place. Will check it out tomorrow.

Also not sure where to post this, but there's a guy on the 2nd floor of RTC on Gatsu who is an absolute whiz with iPhones/iPods/iPads.

I get overwhelmed at RTC with so many vendors. One of our iPhones is an original and needs a new battery. Can you give me an idea of how to find this guy?

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
There are many Indonesian brands available and many places to buy them from.
You'll get better prices if you go to places where the locals go. Ask around - many outlets in Denpasar, Jalan Raya Sesetan, etc.

My "favorite" Indonesian brand is Advante. But even Polytron and ProLink make some reasonable stuff these days.

Gear made by LG, Samsung, Altec Lansing, etc, are readily available.
Shop around.

If you're only going to spend a couple of hundred dollars (or less), there's not much point in haggling too much and getting stressed to save a few bucks.

phil170258

Feb 13, 2011
I get overwhelmed at RTC with so many vendors. One of our iPhones is an original and needs a new battery. Can you give me an idea of how to find this guy?

OK, so this is the RTC on Gatsu NOT the one in Denpasar so it's not quite as crazy.

This guy's on the 2nd floor, right at one end but just ask any of the vendors for iPhone and they'll send you to him.