also the dyatmika school,im comming next month to look at them but would love some opinions,thanks in advance x

Dyatmika is a big school with great facilities. It is National Plus, so teaches in Indonesian and English. It is hard to go there without much Bahasa Indonesia. It has a good reputation. Entry by test. I think they may have waiting lists. They are located near Sanur (past it).

Sunrise School is a small community school that was established 10 years ago. It has undergone lots of changes in the past few years - including overhauling curriculum and going to year 9. It has a beautiful garden setting and offers a good mix of academic and experiential learning (out and about in the community, yoga etc). It has a waiting list for the early years and very small class sizes in the older classes. Sunrise is located in Kerobokan (so close to Seminyak/Kuta).

Green School has the best marketing campaign of any school anywhere I think. This really is a garden setting and is environmentally friendly, but students and teachers often come down with dengue because they will not spray (even safe, environmentally products like neem or citronella). the buildings are amazing, but again, I have heard of people falling through the floors (!?!). I believe it has settled a lot, but over the past few years, they have had about a 95% staff turn over. I find that a bit worrying. I love what it stands for though. Green School is located in Ubud.

I can't really tell you anything about Montessori. I only just found out it existed about 2 months ago.

I think the first thing you need to establish is where you want to live...

Green school

I just read the fees for high school at the Green School were $12, 600 per child per year!!!!! Looks like an interesting building... tree houseish :)

Back