Rabies, how serious is this in real life on Bali?

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Noodles,

- Thanks for the info. You paid Rp1 million for the consultation + 2 shots. As I mentioned before, for the 2 shots only, I was charged, in the USA, US$5,580.04 (about Rp53 millions :!: ). So, you made a bargain (only trying to make you feel better :) ). My total bill for hospital emergency service , doctor, etc, was more than US$6,600, but my insurance paid, and it only cost me US$84.

- Don't worry, the next 3 shots are cheaper. In my case, it was around US$800, each. We stopped at the third shot (out of five, but now, I understand the protocol calls for 4 shots only), because Mimi was not rabid.
-
Gilbert

WOW! Pintar sekali untuk terjemahannya, you speaka ze good English :lol:

Johnycool,

BTW...What happened to the dog?

The dog was lucky. It could have bitten the motorcycle, which would have been hard on its teeth... :roll:

noodles

Apr 27, 2009
Unhappy in Singapore
MiSO said:
You have my deepest empathy.
As for the shower: ly flat on the bathroom floor under the shower so that the water reaches from your head until the knee. After 5 minutes turn around to do the backside.

So...Give me a BIG hug,please...Today, I feel much better, but I ache all over two days, maybe this is the normal response in my body after injection, Thanks for your concern anyway! Im too shy to thanks everyone so friendly worry abt me how to take a shower than mine wound :D

noodles

Apr 27, 2009
Unhappy in Singapore
@Tinin, yeah,It's real "cheap" price compare your paid US$6600 in U.S.A, hehe...
US$6600 Wow...I'd rather buy 2carat 4C diamond ring than got 4~5shots for rabies vaccine 8)

MiSO

Jul 29, 2009
Haha... and wearing diamonds while you are being 'processed' to heaven...? Better wear your rabies shots!
Btw, the US prices are amazingly high...piewwww... beyond payable for people without insurance...

4 Noodles...[attachment=0:1oi84i18]60420LTPoohHuggingPiglet.jpg[/attachment:1oi84i18]
Noodles, feel free to share your moods with us, so you'll get better soon!
Love,
Ms. Bacon

Attachments

• 60420LTPoohHuggingPiglet.jpg
    60420LTPoohHuggingPiglet.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 106

chilli

Apr 24, 2008
Hi Noodles,

sorry ive been away a few days, just read this thread.
I hope your okay..

chilli

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Btw, the US prices are amazingly high...piewwww... beyond payable for people without insurance...

I suppose that is why the US medical system is in such a mess.

Wishing you a quick recovery Noodles.

noodles

Apr 27, 2009
Unhappy in Singapore
@So, Very like your posted winne pooh pic, Perfect warm hugging! Thanks!!! personally, I prefer to become donkey than pooh bear, so I change pic as attach :lol:

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
@ tintin,
tintin said:
WOW! Pintar sekali untuk terjemahannya, you speaka ze good English
:lol: , makasi banyak mas/pak. ya saya berusaha keras, biar bisa bantu memperjelaskan bahasa teki :wink:

noodles said:
US$6600 Wow...I'd rather buy 2carat 4C diamond ring
so you would go for size instead of quality?? me, personally would opt for .70ct D-IF 8) .

MiSO said:
Pfffff...like we have hair there...
well... I wouldn't know if you or noodles have hair there...but some piggies and donkey's are hairy, :lol: .

noodles

Apr 27, 2009
Unhappy in Singapore
@G SIS, Health and family are my priority, money/diamond doesn't matter for Donkey. Perhaps the different area reference price that we're talking abt. The rate today for 70ct D-IF is USD3500 as per my jewelry supplier in HK quoted.

MiSO

Jul 29, 2009
gilbert de jong said:
MiSO said:
Pfffff...like we have hair there...
well... I wouldn't know if you or noodles have hair there...but some piggies and donkey's are hairy, :lol: .

Smart *ass...hahaha...

Off topic, but allow me:
How come you 2 know about this sh*t? I have a lot of catching up to do...

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
well if you have to know...I am guessing you mean the shaving part :lol:? well I used to play soccer and the first time my knee had to be taped up, it was hairy so when the tape got pulled off by the masseur the hairs followed, and that stung like h*ll. so better to shave before taping :D .

If you meant how do I know women can have hairy legs?
Have seen it, wish I didn't but I did. :lol:

toucan

Feb 24, 2008
Sorry to hear about the dog bite Noodles, seems like the injections a necessary precaution but better to be safe than sorry even if the skin not broken.

So I guess you don't go in for a Brazilian then Gil, now that would really bring tears to your eyes!

JUDY

May 11, 2007
seattle wa campuhan bali
Gosh Noodles, so sorry to hear you were bitten, my God what an ordeal. :( I hope you are feeling better now and in now time you will be able to actually take a bath. :lol: Living in Bali without taking two baths a day would feel absolutely awful. :oops: The mosquitos would be eating me alive; since the little suckers love me anyway. I probably would come down with some deadly mosquito disease if I couldn't take a bath twice a day. Nightmare.

I havn't read the blog in about a week so I was unaware of your situation.

Everyone I have a question. Our you saying that if one is bitten by a rabid animal that it could take years before the disease could migrate up to the brain to kill someone. I thought that once you are bitten, if not treated, it is goodbye, adios, within a reasonable period of time. I am confused. :cry:

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
The mosquitos would be eating me alive; since the little suckers love me anyway. I probably would come down with some deadly mosquito disease if I couldn't take a bath twice a day.

That's a really confusing comment Judy because whatever mosquito borne disease you may get I have never heard that it has anything to do with how often you bathe.

In fact I can pinpoint exactly when I contract Dengue last December - about an hour after a shower when I sat down in a restaurant with mozzies under the table.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
The incubation period of rabies in people varies, depending upon factors such as the site and severity of the bite. On average, it is three to eight weeks. :cry:

MiSO

Jul 29, 2009
toucan said:
Sorry to hear about the dog bite Noodles, seems like the injections a necessary precaution but better to be safe than sorry even if the skin not broken.

So I guess you don't go in for a Brazilian then Gil, now that would really bring tears to your eyes!

A man going for a Brazilian... well, he definetely would be my hero!

Noodles, I guess (hope) there' s no need to worry dramatically, as it is only a bruise not a bite?
(Or did I misread your posts...? :roll: )
How you're doing btw?

noodles

Apr 27, 2009
Unhappy in Singapore
@Sweet So, the wound on my left leg is healing very well, because I eat a lot food high in protein and various vitamins fruit :) the dog's tooth bit my leg skin broken for a certainty but no bleed.

@Toucan, Judy, Thanks for your concern, I do understand all your moral support. I will keep myself brave and strong. Thanks again!!!

Big Hug and Kisssssss, Noodles
8)

MiSO

Jul 29, 2009
I read in the newspaper that someone died in Denpasar because of a rabid bite... mmm... frown...