kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
Hello
I will begin my job in Bali shortly and my contract allows me to leave at any time provided I give 30 days notice. My contract states I must pay back part of the fee they laid out for the working visa, with the amount depending on how much I have left of the contract when I leave. I guess that made sense to me and I did not think much of it. Just before however, I was reading some responses to a posting in another forum where a person listed some conditions of her working contract. She mentioned this condition as well and someone noted that this was a bit of a shady practice -- do not know if he meant it was not allowed or if he just personally thought it was a bad thing to do. Are Indonesian employers permitted to make you pay back the money? Also, this same poster noted that employers here are supposed to pay for a return flight home at the completion of a contract -- my contract does not provide for this either. I was just curious if this person was correct in his assertions? If so, it gives me some reservations about where I will be working. Not that these two things specifically are a big deal to me but it would bother me if I felt I was working for an employer that was not offering proper contracts.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
I think that is fare as the company has to pay in advance for you working kitas (1200US to manpower).
Because your kitas is from the company, they have to pay for your airfares back to your home country, when your contract finishes they have 7 days to supply you with a exit permit and airfares.
hope that helps:icon_mrgreen:

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
If the company gave him 30 days notice then they would have to pay out his contract, supply a exit permit & airfares. the employee would have to hand back his paper work to the company & exit the country.:icon_mrgreen:

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
If the contract is not a"proper" you will not have the work visa already pasted in your passport. If you have been told that you will get you work visa issued once you are here it is not a ''proper'' contract.
This sounds very similar to the way that a lot of the time share companies offer "contracts".