Post your breakfast, lunch or dinner

Shadrach

Feb 20, 2021
Say Hi to the owner Ron Hope from Markit.

"Had "a few" G.T., red wine and beers before heading there, so I forgot about the ham....."

No wonder everyone thinks the French are such "light-weights" you all get shitfaced before you even leave the house.
He was just having his Aussie Breakfast to start the day Mate!

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
Balifrog you are amazing. “ had a few G&T, red wine, beers” ….and that’s BEFORE lunch.
I haven’t posted pictures of my smoothie and then Vegemite on toast for fear of ridicule after all the gastronomic wonders you create. No wonder you are retired, you wouldn’t have time in the day to work after preparing all these delicious creations.
I have to second what someone else has said that this is the best subject that’s been put up in a long time. We all eat, some obviously better than others!!! Viva La France

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
I should add that I think you should upgrade your security. After posting all these magnificent meals might break it and steal the food and leave the TV and other crap behind!!

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Balifrog you are amazing. “ had a few G&T, red wine, beers” ….and that’s BEFORE lunch.
I haven’t posted pictures of my smoothie and then Vegemite on toast for fear of ridicule after all the gastronomic wonders you create. No wonder you are retired, you wouldn’t have time in the day to work after preparing all these delicious creations.
I have to second what someone else has said that this is the best subject that’s been put up in a long time. We all eat, some obviously better than others!!! Viva La France
Food for us is very important.
It's not about "feeding the animal" but also about the social part of enjoying lunch or dinner together.
Some time ago I had a friend over for dinner with his Indo g/f and when seeing the table she said to my Missus "woaw, its like a restaurant here"
To which she answered "no, it is normal, it is every day like this, even we are only both of us.
And when the "friend" suggested to put the rice cooker on the table she was gently reminded "that's a nono" ...
And yep, we usually spend more time preparing and cooking than eating the stuff.

Reactions: Shadrach

Shadrach

Feb 20, 2021
Food for us is very important.
It's not about "feeding the animal" but also about the social part of enjoying lunch or dinner together.
Some time ago I had a friend over for dinner with his Indo g/f and when seeing the table she said to my Missus "woaw, its like a restaurant here"
To which she answered "no, it is normal, it is every day like this, even we are only both of us.
And when the "friend" suggested to put the rice cooker on the table she was gently reminded "that's a nono" ...
And yep, we usually spend more time preparing and cooking than eating the stuff.
Yes I agree! In the summertime in the US, we have what we call Potlucks! Where everyone makes something special with love, to bring to the table and share with their friends! It was a labor of love and appreciation for our friends, families, abundance, to share! It is a time to let go of the hustle, bustle of the daily grind and relax with your friends and family! And raise a glass of Joy to All! Thank you, Balifrog for this gift of sharing food!

Reactions: Balifrog

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I must (modestly) admit that the San Miguel girl looks a bit better than me.....
You must be shitting me or you didn't meet Ron.

Last time I saw him he reminded me of a drowned corpse that had been dug up after 2 weeks in the sand.

Or you look truly horrible? If so can I have a picture? I'll frame it to keep the kids away from the pool?

Shadrach

Feb 20, 2021
Ok I'll play. My breakfast/lunch and possibly also dinner. Don't get as hungry as I used to and regret the time spent in preparation.
Hey just fake it. Put a bunch of ingredients out to make it look like your going to make a feast for the first photo, then go buy it from some Ibu! Mei Goreng, Soto Ayam, Nasi Champur! How about Bacon, scrambled eggs, Toast and Butter, Coffee, and a juice of some sort, Mango or Orange for color! Or buy a green Mango or Papaya, get some chilies, Shrimp paste and make it look like you made a fresh Rujak!, that you just bought from the local Warung! and you look like a Gourmet Chef!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
It may be that the data size is megabite. If converted to Jpg kbs it would probably not be a problem.
the original photo on the phone was 4mb. that wouldn't load.
shrunk it on one of those websites to it's present 300kb, that wouldn't load from the phone
sent myself on the pc the exact same photo on WA downloaded it (same size) from wa, that loaded
the trouble I go to for a bunch of damned Philistines (not Palestines)

ps - the photo is now crap... sob, sob, face palm

harryopal1

Jul 20, 2023
the original photo on the phone was 4mb. that wouldn't load.
shrunk it on one of those websites to it's present 300kb, that wouldn't load from the phone
sent myself on the pc the exact same photo on WA downloaded it (same size) from wa, that loaded
the trouble I go to for a bunch of damned Philistines (not Palestines)

ps - the photo is now crap... sob, sob, face palm
No, no. It is actually quite artistic as if it were painted by one on the impressionists... perhaps Monet. Sell it on Facebook or Twitter.