davita

Mar 13, 2012
Interesting report from Malaysia....Malaysian Muslims declare jihad on Cadbury over pork-laced chocolate — RT News

Seems that some Cadbury chocolate bars made in Malaysia has porcine DNA, so a jihad on Cadbury's is contemplated.
This is followed up in Indonesia by the RI FDA (BPOM) who are testing 13 Cadbury products to see if they comply with halal standards.
However, separately, the MUI food and drug people examined 10 Cadbury products and they tested negative...phew!
Now the RI Govt. trade minister said his Ministry would study the issue as there was no obligation in RI to sell halal chocolate.....meaning?

Indonesian cacao chairman said that concerns over the Malaysian made products could provide the impetus for global confectionary companies to build their production plants in Indonesia.

IMO...how farcical, and ridiculous waste of time, money and effort!

davita

Mar 13, 2012
... like all religions

Oh boy! Let's not get started on that Joe, otherwise, this will end up like that other forum and we'd need to move on.

But the report in today's Jakpost Watchdog examines Cadbury’s halal status | The Jakarta Post
does indicate the difference of who governs who and what is the end game. The Trade Minister appeases one group and an Industry Chairman of a business sector appeals to another...I guess these guys never talk to each other and thus contradict each other's comments... 'shame' must not be a word in the Indonesian kamus.:abnormal:

JabberWokker

Nov 10, 2005
Bali
They all do it. What about beef in mcdonalds fries, sorry veggies. One of the thirty ingredients to make a simple chip which is supposed to be potatoes and oil, then add salt as you like. Never mind galatin (beef) in most ice cream, candy and many other products.

Last edited:

JabberWokker

Nov 10, 2005
Bali
Back to the pork. Us expats, most of us, like pork. I personally had a very nice bacon sandwich this morning for breakfast with HP sauce. But this may put some of you off for life:

PORK meet + COCA COLA = WORM - YouTube

I have never tested myself, but have friends that verify it and most do not eat bacon very often anymore, if at all. I remember as a child being taught to cook it properly as there are worms.Don't ask for it rare in a restaurant lol

klaatu

Mar 14, 2014
Blimbingsari banyuwangi and Denpasar
Back to the pork. Us expats, most of us, like pork. I personally had a very nice bacon sandwich this morning for breakfast with HP sauce. But this may put some of you off for life:

PORK meet + COCA COLA = WORM - YouTube

I have never tested myself, but have friends that verify it and most do not eat bacon very often anymore, if at all. I remember as a child being taught to cook it properly as there are worms.Don't ask for it rare in a restaurant lol
I seen one of those factory documentaries on bacon once,,.It is sprayed with colouring and smoke flavoured juice ,as with every other western food it is just bullshit and chemicals..oops. in Indo we get to eat formaldahyde and borax,much better

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Anyway, didn't the EU want to take the moniker "Chocolate" away from Cadbury's because the stuff they make isn't, it's full of vegetable oil instead of coco butter. I figure pig fat probably aint the worst thing in there.

Yum, yum that good English cooking!

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
But the report in today's Jakpost Watchdog examines Cadbury’s halal status | The Jakarta Post
does indicate the difference of who governs who and what is the end game. The Trade Minister appeases one group and an Industry Chairman of a business sector appeals to another...I guess these guys never talk to each other and thus contradict each other's comments... 'shame' must not be a word in the Indonesian kamus.:abnormal:

davita, I think that the word 'shame' is in the Indonesian urban dictionary, but it only refers to a situation when bapak Big doesn't get paid... a terrible loss of face...

Rayzor

Jun 25, 2014
Turn out there actually no pork DNA in Cadburry. Does anyone know why Muslim not allowed to eat pork?