Muesli recipe

spicyayam

Muesli seems to be pretty expensive here, so I was thinking to make my own using easily found ingredients.

Does anyone know of a good recipe?

I make my own. The recipe is forgiving and you can increase, decrease, omit or add ingredients.

Muesli
4 c oats
1/2 c sultanas
1/2 c slivered almonds
1/2 c mixed nuts (brazil, pecan, walnut, macadamia), chopped
110 g maple syrup or honey
35 g grapeseed oil or vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp maple extract (optional)
Preheat oven to 165°C.
Mix maple syrup with oil, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and maple flavouring. Add to cereal ingredients and stir well.
Spread on baking tray and bake for 18 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not overcook.
Add any of these:
200g rolled wheat
75g wheat germ
300g sultanas
140g chopped figs or dates chopped pecans

Attachments

• Muesli.zip
    31.7 KB · Views: 43
I make my own. The recipe is forgiving and you can increase, decrease, omit or add ingredients.

Muesli
4 c oats
1/2 c sultanas
1/2 c slivered almonds
1/2 c mixed nuts (brazil, pecan, walnut, macadamia), chopped
110 g maple syrup or honey
35 g grapeseed oil or vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp maple extract (optional)
Preheat oven to 165°C.
Mix maple syrup with oil, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and maple flavouring. Add to cereal ingredients and stir well.
Spread on baking tray and bake for 18 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not overcook.
Add any of these:
200g rolled wheat
75g wheat germ
300g sultanas
140g chopped figs or dates chopped pecans

Well, I usually hate Muesli but this sounds delicious, so about to go and source ingredients. Thanks Shane, I almost feel healthy

Well, I usually hate Muesli but this sounds delicious, so about to go and source ingredients. Thanks Shane, I almost feel healthy
I thought exactly the same. I really don't like muesli, but the ingredients made my mouth water.:icon_biggrin:

Well Matsaleh, sourced ingredients, mixed, folded and put love into it lol......and yes tasted yum...............thanks shane, I WILL BECOME HEALTHY SOON

Thanks for the compliments and kind words, guys. I never would have expected to hear praise for my muesli recipe but it is the only recipe in my 4000+ recipe database that I consider truly my own invention. I developed it over time, adding and subtracting, because I couldn’t find a commercial muesli I really liked.
I’m not sure that it saves much money in Bali when I make it because I’m overly generous with the nuts and they are so damn expensive here.

Still there? I was wondering where can I find these ingredients like raw nuts and seeds. The only place I found so far are expensive organic shops in Ubud. Any other place in Bali? thank you!

Back