sarah_b

Aug 29, 2011
Australia
Hi All,

I've joined this blog recently and have really enjoyed sitting back and reading everyones different views on moving to Bali! Such great information on here! Im from Australia and in my early 20's. I work in the Travel Industry and have been to Bali numerous times (lost count) on holidays both for extended and short periods of time. I am very fond of Bali and fall more in love the with culture, people and place every time I return. I eventually want to make the move to Bali... Hopefully in the next year or so but am worried I won't find employment... What would the chances be of me finding a job in the tourism/hotel industry? Or perhaps teaching English somewhere (may need to do a course before hand).
I speak little bahasa indonesian but am hopefully joining some classes very soon to learn more :) My friend from Bali has said he will be very
happy to sponsor me to live there.. Can any local sponsor you? Or do they have to be involved in your employment?

Let me know any advice you may have. Thanks!
Sarah

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
Your working visa is 1200 usd and has to be sponsored by a company. Start applying for jobs now because it will be very hard to find somewhere who can justify forking out the money for you to work there.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
My friend from Bali has said he will be very
happy to sponsor me to live there.. Can any local sponsor you? Or do they have to be involved in your employment?

Sarah

Maybe your friend is offering to sponsor you for a social visa which does not permit work. Search the forum for "social visa" if you need to know more.

sarah_b

Aug 29, 2011
Australia
Thanks for that information!
Yes I think it must be a social visa he is speaking about. Does any one know any good websites where jobs are posted? The only one i can seem to find is baliadvertiser....
Thanks

Teneale Harley

Aug 10, 2011
Jimbaran
Moving to Bali too

Hi Sarah,

I'm moving to Bali in the next couple of weeks. I am 28 years old and from Melbourne.

Can you please tell me how you started this new Discussion on the Forum. I'm trying to start my own discussion but I can't seem to have access to it. Is there something I'm not doing or should be doing?

Thanks
Teneale

Rambutmerah

Jul 30, 2006
New discussion

On the first page of the forum, to the right, just above where it says last post you find "Forum tools" click on that and then you'll find "Post a new thread".

sarah_b

Aug 29, 2011
Australia
Hey Teneale,

I just clicked the Bali Expat Fourm and then clicked Post New Thread. But when I first joined I couldnt start a new thread until admin accepted me or something... Very jealous you are moving to Bali in the next couple of weeks! I hope to be living over there by the end of the year or early next year! Will you be working? If so, if you dont mind me asking how did you manage to secure a job? or will you be finding one when you get there? :)

Sarah

Teneale Harley

Aug 10, 2011
Jimbaran
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the tip. I'll try again.

I am lucky enough that I am going over with my husband who's been employed through the hospitality industry so I am going over on that visa and then I'm applying for work. I'm an events manager so I'm hoping to find something along those lines when i get there.

Good Luck with all your preparations though.

Cheers,
Teneale

Teneale Harley

Aug 10, 2011
Jimbaran
Hi, thanks for the tip but I think I'm missing the access to do this. The tools tab still does not come up... I've emailedy adimin and hopefully they can help.

holly7

Aug 19, 2011
i have a friend living in Jakarta i heard its much easier to get work in Jakarta?

sarah_b

Aug 29, 2011
Australia
That happend with me also.. but after a few days admin accepted me and I could then start my own.. perhaps email them if it isnt available in a couple of days?
Thanks Holly! I have heard it is easier to get work in Jakarta also.. but I've got my eye set on Bali :)