Karim

Jun 12, 2009
Pondicherry, Inde - Paris france
Hello,

I have an international driving license wich allowed me to drive motorbike until 125 CC. Do i can have/pass a motorbike license here to drive bigger bike ? Or police don't care about the CC if you have an inernational license ?

Thanks !

Karim

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
hahaha...you can ride on a larger CC bike, well one can try...difference between 125cc and let's say 600cc is pretty noticeable, not only in weight of the bike but also the power
on the throttle. Anyways most police-officers can't tell from an international license what the driver exactly is allowed to drive...so chances are they will just let you pass.
If he needs money, he will find something else to nego 'uang rokok'..something else can be..anything realy.
The plus of a bigger CC bike is, for sure you can outrun any policebike...
unless you get this one behind you....
just joking :icon_wink:

Attachments

• hot police ).jpg
    hot police ).jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 71

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Hello,

I have an international driving license wich allowed me to drive motorbike until 125 CC. Do i can have/pass a motorbike license here to drive bigger bike ? Or police don't care about the CC if you have an inernational license ?

Thanks !

Karim

If you have a International license, you would have a stamp on the motor bike license line, so has someone written in that you can only ride up to 125cc?
In Australia if you have a motor bike license, learners permit you must ride under 250cc, then you get your open license for all bikes.
When I was pulled over by police, if you pull out your international license they just say go (I have been lucky never paid police):icon_biggrin:

Tiggy

May 6, 2011
Lombok
The rules on learners for motorcycles appears to vary a bit from state to state. For SA and VIC at least, you can ride an approved one in the list up to 660cc, and most under 250 are approved (the list appears identical).

I don't reckon the indo coppers would have a problem, but if you got into an accident on a bike to high powered for your licence, your travel insurance might get cranky. But from looking at the list, and seeing the bike my mate drives on his learners (its freaking BIG, but he does weigh about 350lbs), I suspect there are not to many bikes avail in bali that would be deemed as too big. Approved motorcycles for novice riders : VicRoads

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
The rules on learners for motorcycles appears to vary a bit from state to state. For SA and VIC at least, you can ride an approved one in the list up to 660cc, and most under 250 are approved (the list appears identical).......

In NSW, it is
Licence restrictions for learner rider licences

Zero Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) – You cannot have any alcohol in your system when you ride a motorcycle.
Demerit points – If you incur four (4) or more demerit points during a three year period, your licence will be suspended for three months.
Display of L plate – An L plate must be clearly displayed on the back of the motorcycle.
Helmet – You must wear an approved motorcycle helmet properly fitted.
Motorcycles – You must only ride motorcycles that:
Are on the list of Approved Motorcycle for Novice Riders on the RTA website.
Have an engine capacity not greater than 660ml.
Have a power to weight ratio not greater than 150 kilowatts per tonne.
Passengers – You must not carry any pillion passengers.
Speed limit – You must not ride faster than 80 km/h and must observe the speed limit where it is below 80 km/h.
Towing – You must not tow a trailer or any other vehicle.
Location restrictions – You must not ride in Centennial Park when in Sydney.
In addition to the above, the following restriction applies from 1 July 2007:

Mobile phones – You must not use a mobile phone while riding or while your motorcycle ignition is switched on. This includes phones in the hands-free mode or with the loudspeaker operating.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
So if you get your International drivers license/motor bike license were dose it say the number of CC

Tiggy if you see a VIC plate, keep well clear because they can't drive. I did here they going to fence Victoria off as tooooo many were trying to get out.
Thats all Australia needs is more Victorians

RhysG

Oct 3, 2011
seminyak
www.lokalliving.com
hey guy i don't know what the deal is now but last time i looked you couldn't have a bike in bali over 250 cc not with the write pkb, that was like 6 month ago when i was looking into getting a bandit, that why in bali you dont see those meny big bike and the one you do neve have a bali plate any way. please correct me if im wrong

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
hey guy i don't know what the deal is now but last time i looked you couldn't have a bike in bali over 250 cc not with the write pkb, that was like 6 month ago when i was looking into getting a bandit, that why in bali you dont see those meny big bike and the one you do neve have a bali plate any way. please correct me if im wrong

you can have a 'bigbike' (400cc and more) on Bali with a right BPKB..
the bike may not be older then 8 years, and ofcourse needs to have the BPKB and valid STNK. then pull the paperwork from the samsat where the bike is
registered now, and bring the paperwork to you closest samsat on Bali...pay X amount for pulling the papers, then pay X amount for registering it on Bali, on top of that although the tax for the year has already been paid at the previous samsat, you would have to pay the tax again for that year in Bali.
conclusion for many Balinese who have bigbikes...why bother? If you can tell me a good reason to do so, please tell me...

as for a Bandit on DK plates, assuming you mean the 400cc one...there is no 2003 or younger Bandit.

mastercaster

Nov 10, 2010
you can have a 'bigbike' (400cc and more) on Bali with a right BPKB..
the bike may not be older then 8 years, and ofcourse needs to have the BPKB and valid STNK.

Gilbert , what's up with the 8 yr. aspect of this ?
Is this for moving and registering a "big bike" from off island ?
Just curious Thanks ...

Tiggy

May 6, 2011
Lombok
Tiggy if you see a VIC plate, keep well clear because they can't drive. I did here they going to fence Victoria off as tooooo many were trying to get out.
Thats all Australia needs is more Victorians

hahaha thanks for the giggle! I reckon vic drivers are better than the banana benders (holy slow batman!!) and anyone that lives in Sydney (warp speed, brakes only to used at full force at the last possible second). Sydney drivers scare the crap outta me!!

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
@mastercaster..
I have no idea how they came up with 8 years, and not 6 or 10 years...but the point is they (bali samsat) will not register anything older then 8 years onto a DK plate.
Tax-wise bigbikes fall under the same 'flag' as cars, meaning treated the same..

Older cars are cheaper in JKT/Bandung/Surabaya etcetc..so to prevent dealers and the likes to 'import' cheaper cars, and then putting them
on DK plates and sell them again for more (ofcourse after turning back the mileage)..and by doing so overflowing Bali with more and more cars....
That's why sometimes looking at adds, they write 'asli Bali or asli DK'..
hope that clears it up a bit :icon_wink:

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
im talking about the old one the ones that are like90's the look super sexy and sound supper sexy
Loud, noisy bikes NEVER sound sexy! They ought to be illegal or make it mandatory for muffler silencers for big bikes.

There's already too much noise on the roads here!

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
... and anyone that lives in Sydney (warp speed, brakes only to used at full force at the last possible second). Sydney drivers scare the crap outta me!!
I can relate to that... I'm from Sydney, Tiggy and it's the only place I really feel comfortable driving. Nobody dawdles, checks out the scenery, wastes time. We just get where we're going... fast! :highly_amused: