Login

lumumba

Sep 17, 2008
Bandung-Bali-Jakarta
Hi all,

What an experience has been to try to reset the password and to login. Got the new password but couldn't login all day always the same message: user name or password not valid. I try everything possible but only after 5 hrs. i got trough.

I still don't know how I did it since I have been doing the same thing over and over again.

Well I've managed to post this an another replay, not bed after all

begonia

Oct 10, 2007
it pays to read the instructions got it in one ...easy ...still prefer the old page though

me too!!!
still quite confusing, I guess will take time to get use, but the other one I think had more "personality and was more unique", very diferent than the rest of forums...
have a good day!

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
me too!!!
still quite confusing, I guess will take time to get use, but the other one I think had more "personality and was more unique", very diferent than the rest of forums...
have a good day!

I am also still getting used to it. There are lots of different options to play with. All of the settings are pretty much still the default ones and I will be adjusting them over time. Adding new features and taking away others.

Other than going back to the old site :icon_e_sad: I am still open to any ideas and suggestions.

noodles

Apr 27, 2009
Unhappy in Singapore
Why new forum always ask "please login forum first..." when I already login that I though, Beside reset password, where my profile picture? Shall I reset it again...

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
Yes, you need to reset your avatar. If you don't have a copy of your old one and want to use it, let me know.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
I did read the instructions but had a couple of failed attempts resetting the password. (OK now.)

Couldn't find my previous avatar. Like Jimbo, went through numerous pages until, in my case, they eventually seemed to go around in circles.
Had to find the original on my computer, re-size and upload it.

Two annoying things for me, so far.

1) The color scheme
2) Posts spread very wide across my wide-screen monitor

Two questions.

1) Is it possible to change the color scheme using vBulletin's software? As in, let visitors/members have an on-screen color choice? (I've seen this many times on some websites.)
2) In a similar vein, can you make an option available for how the site appears in various web browsers, as in how much screen real-estate certain sections like FORUM/POSTS take up? (I recall the previous Admin having this.)

After trying to read some lengthy posts, my head feels like something from The Exorcist movie.

Last edited:

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
1) Is it possible to change the color scheme using vBulletin's software? As in, let visitors/members have an on-screen color choice? (I've seen this many times on some websites.)

There was that option in a drop down menu in the bottom left hand side... but it has gone now.

Spicy I really am struggling to see where there are any new posts. Is there a mark all forums read option so that I can try and start from scratch?

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
2) In a similar vein, can you make an option available for how the site appears in various web browsers, as in how much screen real-estate certain sections like FORUM/POSTS take up? (I recall the previous Admin having this.)

1 - Yes possible, but it will take a little time to implement.

2- I will look into it.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Spicy I really am struggling to see where there are any new posts. Is there a mark all forums read option so that I can try and start from scratch?

How about the "What's new" tab ? If you know of another forum that works well for this, let me know and maybe I can come up with something similar.

noodles

Apr 27, 2009
Unhappy in Singapore
Your Current Profile Picture
Profile pictures are small pictures of yourself, which are displayed within your user profile.
Delete current image?

++Spicy, I added new avatar but cannt see it when I posted++

lumumba

Sep 17, 2008
Bandung-Bali-Jakarta
I know I have to get use to but what I don’t like is the posting date, let me explain; usually (in the old forum) the date was written 14/02/2010 now is the other way round (USA style) 02/14/2010.
OK not a big deal, just an observation but never the less a pain in the…., for me anyway.

Spotting the new posts in the Bali Expatriate Forum still not easy unless I go to New Post.

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Just a greater difference in the colours for the threads read and not read.

I tihnk the problem is also the same as Cali's Nearly all branches are showing unread threads but I have read them and I did find the mark forums read function but it didnt work or I didn't work it properly....

begonia

Oct 10, 2007
I know I have to get use to but what I don’t like is the posting date, let me explain; usually (in the old forum) the date was written 14/02/2010 now is the other way round (USA style) 02/14/2010.
OK not a big deal, just an observation but never the less a pain in the…., for me anyway.

Spotting the new posts in the Bali Expatriate Forum still not easy unless I go to New Post.

I have exactly the same problem that lumumba, I don´t know the reason but to see the date written 02/14/2010 is really "stressfull" for me!!! not normal and get me confuse.........it is funny and surprising to see how this small detail really upset me....

Last edited: