Let's connect :)

Syenna

Hi everyone nice to meet you all
I'm new in Bali, been only 1 year staying here. Looking for Badminton and Tennis partner to play with! a friends to hang out with will also do:D

Let's connect!

Hi there,im thinking of retiring in bali in a few years,so in the meantime,would like to visit a couple of times a year to find out what area is best suitable...im looking for somewhere within an hours drive from airport,close to beach (not black sand) and golf course.
Want to try and stay away from busiest places like kuta,seminyak.
Im a single male from Gold Coast,would appreciate any feedback,thanks

Hi there,im thinking of retiring in bali in a few years,so in the meantime,would like to visit a couple of times a year to find out what area is best suitable...im looking for somewhere within an hours drive from airport,close to beach (not black sand) and golf course.
Want to try and stay away from busiest places like kuta,seminyak.
Im a single male from Gold Coast,would appreciate any feedback,thanks
Hello and welcome to the forum
Better to start your own thread so doesn't get lost .

This question gets asked a lot and really depends on the person. Best advise I can give is rent a hotel room/Kost/losman/air BnB or what ever in different parts of the island while here on holidays and decide what is the best fit for you.

There are lots of great places with the picture postcard views and the peaceful beaches but sometimes you find they are hours away from anything and really off the beaten track you had better know Bahasa Indonesian.

Also to add is these days anything under 1 hour from the airport does not get you very far.
Sometimes it takes 1 hour to get from the airport to top end of Legian and that is less than 5km by the crow flies.
Head South out of the airport around Jimbaran or up around Bukit and even towards Uluwatu.

Or be prepared for longer travel and head up the East coast towards Amed and Amlapura, though I believe the sand is darker up there.
Remember you only have to go to and from the airport once per trip..

Cheers
Ken

Unless you enjoy sitting in traffic jams for hours on end I would rule out Uluwatu or anywhere south of Sidewalk Mall Jalan Uluwatu. (Look it up on google maps.) This last year has seen ever increasing traffic and building at that south end and most times of the day Jalan Uluwatu become walking pace. A look at a map might suggest alternative routes but these are mostly very narrow, rutted and unreliable avenues. Otherwise gtrken's recommendation of short term accommodation in differerent areas to check things out makes sense.

Last edited:
W
Hello and welcome to the forum
Better to start your own thread so doesn't get lost .

This question gets asked a lot and really depends on the person. Best advise I can give is rent a hotel room/Kost/losman/air BnB or what ever in different parts of the island while here on holidays and decide what is the best fit for you.

There are lots of great places with the picture postcard views and the peaceful beaches but sometimes you find they are hours away from anything and really off the beaten track you had better know Bahasa Indonesian.

Also to add is these days anything under 1 hour from the airport does not get you very far.
Sometimes it takes 1 hour to get from the airport to top end of Legian and that is less than 5km by the crow flies.
Head South out of the airport around Jimbaran or up around Bukit and even towards Uluwatu.

Or be prepared for longer travel and head up the East coast towards Amed and Amlapura, though I believe the sand is darker up there.
Remember you only have to go to and from the airport once per trip..

Cheers
Ken
What Ken said is true. Go to different parts of Bali, and see if it fits your needs. True that, one hour gets you not very far. For a quieter part of Bali, Go East. Yes most of the beaches are black sand, but there are some hidden gems of white sand to be found, with few tourist. Padang Bai has the Beas Tugal beach. Near Bug Bug is Secret beach. To the North is Ahmed. Lovina used to be popular, I'm not sure now. If you want lots of people, stay in the West.

Back