noodle

Oct 22, 2010
Am aware of all the different private schools in Bali - they all require 5 full days kindy for my younger son. I'm happy to pay for him to go to one and just send him part time (as that is all that would be expected of him here- Australia), but obviously would prefer not to pay a lot. Has anyone had any good kindy experiences with their children that they could share at any school?
thanks

chris44

Oct 28, 2010
Bali, Nusa Dua
www.deluxespas.ch
same question

Hi we have as well a daughter 4 years in need of Kindergarten. If you maybe find something "cheaper" and good would be cool. but indeed, for school for me it looks like green school is the only acceptable in Bali ? or any other choice?

noodle

Oct 22, 2010
As we are planning to stay in the South at this point - the Green school seems too far away and while absolutely appealling in many ways, prohibitive in price sadly (we have two children to pay for). Also I am a teacher sooo we are figuring that our youngest is just going to be "homeschooled" for kindy - technically its non compulsory in Australia at his age anyway. It's the best option so far - we are just going to have to find some buddies for him - hopefully easy!
I must say the dealings I have had with Green school over the internet have been very positive - so helpful, quick to respond and friendly.

noodle

Oct 22, 2010
Unless I start my own mini kindy at my house - goodness knows if this is even possible with visas being what they are.

Tory70

Apr 21, 2010
As we are planning to stay in the South at this point - the Green school seems too far away and while absolutely appealling in many ways, prohibitive in price sadly (we have two children to pay for). Also I am a teacher sooo we are figuring that our youngest is just going to be "homeschooled" for kindy - technically its non compulsory in Australia at his age anyway. It's the best option so far - we are just going to have to find some buddies for him - hopefully easy!
I must say the dealings I have had with Green school over the internet have been very positive - so helpful, quick to respond and friendly.

I just checked out Red Rocket in Kerobokan for my youngest, they have casual day fee's or partime (6 months 3 days per week) with registration included. The teachers were lovely, and all the kids happy!

noodle

Oct 22, 2010
I just checked out Red Rocket in Kerobokan for my youngest, they have casual day fee's or partime (6 months 3 days per week) with registration included. The teachers were lovely, and all the kids happy!
Thanks! - I was hoping to hear something about them as they do not seem to have a webiste - may I ask how old your child is?

Tory70

Apr 21, 2010
Thanks! - I was hoping to hear something about them as they do not seem to have a webiste - may I ask how old your child is?

He is almost six, (he has been at Prep in Aust) the older children all went into another room and did some school work....and the younger ones seemed to play, sing ect. Seemed just like home....although alot less boystress!

Pa_Yan

Dec 9, 2005
Little Red Rocket

My daughter went there for 2 years. She was very happy to go there and she learned quite a bit there. School is usually untill noon. It's cheap to go there at around rp 500 k a month.

Travellingmap

Feb 12, 2011
Schools

Hi Noodle I am new to the forum and have only just relocated to Bali having visited here over the last 10 years. We are setting up a business on Nusa Lembongan but longer term will have to come back to the mainland as the issue of schooling is a real concern to me as my son is 8 and my daughter 3. We are looking into cheeky monkeys for my daughter but are stuck re my sons education as the high school fees are putting us off. I see that you are a teacher from your post, I used to work in childcare in the UK, would you be interested in doing some joint homeschooling as it can be isolating doing it all yourself as we have found out. We had an unsuccessful experience on the islands local school and I am keen to organise something which means my children get to regularly mix with others. If you want you can PM me at [email protected] Anyone else is welcome to message me re this subject. thanks Anna