Just to say hello

Rodney Sprague

May 31, 2017
Hi, I'm Rod, a retired Registered Nurse with a long term vested interest in all things Apple Mac. I have had 25+ years experience with Apple devices and communication technology in general. I am currently living in Bali so if you have any questions regarding anything from a MacBook Pro to an Apple TV you are welcome to ask me.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Yet again, Markit attacks a new member. One gets the impression he wants to get rid of newbies and keep the forum as a group of old-timers he has gotten used to.

Reactions: JohnnyCool

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Markit,since becoming a member on this blog,i have enjoyed many of your posts,and unfortunately disagree with equally as many , I think you have become to believe in the caption that you have attached to the bottom of all of your posts```When did you realize that you are God```its time to back off from all the insults and disrespect to both new and long time members,

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
I haven't met the chap but I don't think he is deliberately trying to be rude. I get the impression he treats everybody as if he has known them for years and expects they will take his banter in a spirit of mateship, rather than one of hostility. Unfortunately, it doesn't always appear that way when you read his posts.

If he took the time to get to know his targets before throwing his vitriolic darts then new posters might stick around longer.

Adam

Jul 21, 2006
Western Australia
I haven't met the chap but I don't think he is deliberately trying to be rude. I get the impression he treats everybody as if he has known them for years and expects they will take his banter in a spirit of mateship, rather than one of hostility. Unfortunately, it doesn't always appear that way when you read his posts.

If he took the time to get to know his targets before throwing his vitriolic darts then new posters might stick around longer.

Sorry Sam, I have to disagree. I believe if his real life persona is anything like the way he behaves on here he would be minus teeth in short time. Mature, stable people simply do not carry on the way he does.

I am genuinely surprised admin puts up with it. Surely the amount of traffic he curtails would have some financial impact.

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
Markit has been banned (at least temporarily) several times from the forum. During those times the forum pretty much went dead. The forum would be boring without him, but of course it would be nice if he was a little nicer to new members :)

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Ta Admin!

I gotta think you're all grown ups and if I've offended you then good on me and ickle, wickle, diddums on you.

Great buncha pussies!

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Markit. There’s a saying. It takes a pussy and a half to know a pussy. (Insert your own substitute for “pussy”.

Many of us know that you’re the most prolific poster on here. Almost like you’ve taken over the mantel of old Roy, who also drove many of us bonkers for years. Good stuff – bad stuff, until someone disagreed with him (or you these days).

Why don’t you calm down a bit and take your foot off the vitriol accelerator?

Reactions: matsaleh and wepro