balinews

Jamie’s Italian is very happy to announce that its first restaurant in Indonesia, at Kuta Beach in the tropical island of Bali, is officially open!

The brand is loved all around the world for its genuine Italian dishes coupled with that characteristic cheeky Jamie twist, lovingly created by Jamie Oliver, his mentor Gennaro Contaldo and their talented chefs. After a long wait, diners in Bali can now experience Jamie’s Italian’s fantastic yet affordable food together with welcoming, personable service, delivered by a well-trained 125-strong team led by General Manager Made Sukadana and Head Chef Alex Barman.

Located just a stone’s throw away from the beach and right in the heart of Bali’s famous entertainment and shopping district, the 220-seat restaurant has something for everyone, both locals and tourists. With award winning kids meals, colouring sheets and crayons, Jamie’s Italian Kuta Beach is perfect for family lunches. Our pasta is made on site every day by our chefs, at the front window of the restaurant – perfect for fuelling a long day of shopping. The casual eatery is also great for a quick post-surf pizza, fresh from the oven. Want a break from days of Balinese food or looking to treat someone to dinner? Come in for a beautifully-cooked steak or a decadent Italian burger, followed by naughty desserts like our Epic Brownie, Gennaro’s special Tiramisu or a lovely wobbly Panna Cotta.

Guests can sit at the sunny street-facing terrace, enjoy an ice-cold local beer or a lovely glass of white from the Italian-dominated wine list and watch Bali go by. The large bar on the ground floor is packed with gorgeous Italian spirits like limoncino and grappa, and will serve cocktails ranging from original creations such as La Dolce Vita (Disaronno, Triple Sec, lemon and cranberry) and Blueberry & Basil Smash to an authentic Aperol Spritz and a perfect frozen margarita

Jamie's Italian Kuta Beach is NOW OPEN | BeeAmazing

And Rp500,000 per person for an average meal... I don't think so! Special at the moment, Rp400,000 because they're still training staff :icon_rolleyes:

Gee I hope they've got good bouncers if they're serving grappa!

Most patrons won't be used to it (please no jokes about Antipodeans here)

There's a review of this resto in today's Jakpost supplement 'balibuzz'.

It sounds interesting but matsaleh's forewarning about price will preclude my attendance.

What made me chuckle was a reference to Jamie's exacting requirement to only use local produce like...'happy' farm animals. I imagine the high cost of meals is because they need to pay for the animals to enjoy some TV cartoons...before being slaughtered.:disgust:

Another sentence.... 'freshly made mozzarella cheese from Bali' might make Markit salivate but for me cheese can never be fresh...that's what makes it cheese.

I guess its just the illusion I have about an English chef. It seems like having a Neanderthal for a surgeon.

I guess its just the illusion I have about an English chef. It seems like having a Neanderthal for a surgeon.

hahaha...English and Chef sounds like an oxymoron.
Yet Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey seem to have cornered a market.

British TV consists almost entirely of cooking/eating programs interrupted only by real estate and home improvement p-o-r-n. If you thought "Here comes Honey Boo, Boo" was mind numbing then you haven't lived seen TVUK.

Come on kids, it can't be all bad. However I have not been to Kuta for bloody years and have no intention of going to the damn place so will have to wait until Markit gives us a report on the restaurant. Apparently he loves that area.

And Rp500,000 per person for an average meal... I don't think so! Special at the moment, Rp400,000 because they're still training staff :icon_rolleyes:
If this price is true, for an average meal, I don't think the locals are going to rushing to go there! Maybe for a slice of pizza?

No, really. Still there?
Congratulations
You have won this weeks
"Raising it from the dead" post.
You do realise that is from 2015 and as Jamie Oliver has all but disappeared everywhere else in the world I suggest he is but a distant memory here too.

Cheers
Post police
Ken
:)

Watching J.Oliver painfully try resurrecting past glories with new recipes by pretending to be that same ol' London lad from 15 years ago is almost as embarrassing as watching the Leader of the Free World try and convince us he still has a brain by stringing together whole sentences coherently.

Back