mat

Anyone recommend a decent not too expensive hotel in Jakarta?
I'm off to the British embassy tomorrow and will need to stay one night. I have been told the hotels are expensive.

Anyone recommend a decent not too expensive hotel in Jakarta?
I'm off to the British embassy tomorrow and will need to stay one night. I have been told the hotels are expensive.

Try the IBIS chain...they are cheaper than the rest. IBIS Tamarin, Arcadia and Slipi are near the British Embassy. You could check details and book online

Try the IBIS chain...they are cheaper than the rest. IBIS Tamarin, Arcadia and Slipi are near the British Embassy. You could check details and book online

My wife called the hotel, to make a booking. Asked if booking online or by phone was cheaper. I'm not sure who got it wrong but she booked over the phone [600,000 +]. I checked and online was much cheaper, so rang back to cancel my booking in favor of doing it online, was asked to wait 45 mins before booking [wasn't sure why] so went on with the booking, got an error message when I pressed the final button to confirm my booking, it said go back and try again. I did and the price had jumped up. Pissed off with them now, can't use that hotel chain anymore as I feel done over.

My wife called the hotel, to make a booking. Asked if booking online or by phone was cheaper. I'm not sure who got it wrong but she booked over the phone [600,000 +]. I checked and online was much cheaper, so rang back to cancel my booking in favor of doing it online, was asked to wait 45 mins before booking [wasn't sure why] so went on with the booking, got an error message when I pressed the final button to confirm my booking, it said go back and try again. I did and the price had jumped up. Pissed off with them now, can't use that hotel chain anymore as I feel done over.
When in Jkt, we stay at Santika hotel. Close to malls, embassies etc. However, it is a bit expensive, about 700,000 :icon_cry:

You could try to book it through EXPEDIA, AGODA...or a prepaid voucher thru a Bali travel agent, since your travel dates are fixed

You could try to book it through EXPEDIA, AGODA...or a prepaid voucher thru a Bali travel agent, since your travel dates are fixed

Thanks to all answers.
Did it through Agoda. Great site, paid with paypal [nice] I checked the hotels where they put the price up and the booking cost with Agoda were $10 less than the original [pre price rise] price. Needless to say I booked with a different hotel chain and got a hotel much nearer my destination and at a lower price.

Thanks to all answers.
Did it through Agoda. Great site, paid with paypal [nice] I checked the hotels where they put the price up and the booking cost with Agoda were $10 less than the original [pre price rise] price. Needless to say I booked with a different hotel chain and got a hotel much nearer my destination and at a lower price.

You probably already have come back,but i usually use another option:before leaving the luggage hall at the airport there is a discount desk where hotels get rid of their rooms.Very helpful people and extra discount fot Kitas.

Back