kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
Hello
I had contacted a company a few days ago inquiring about the visa process for my boyfriend to come to Bali. They sent me a bunch of information just now about the process of arranging it for him and they mentioned proof of health, death and liability insurance as part of the required documents. I have been doing a lot of research the last couple of days regarding visas, which has given me a big headache....and that is the first time I have seen that. Is this accurate.

Also, she termed it a single-entry visa and noted it used to be called the social/culture visa...so confusing!

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Is the company you contacted a visa agency in Bali?

I have never heard of insurance being required for the social visa. I know it is required for the retirement visa, but that is the only one.

I don't know of any name change to the social visa. It is usually a single entry though like other tourist visas.

There is a full list of visa types here: Visit Visa - Consular and Visa

freetofly

Aug 30, 2010
Hello
I had contacted a company a few days ago inquiring about the visa process for my boyfriend to come to Bali. They sent me a bunch of information just now about the process of arranging it for him and they mentioned proof of health, death and liability insurance as part of the required documents. I have been doing a lot of research the last couple of days regarding visas, which has given me a big headache....and that is the first time I have seen that. Is this accurate.

Also, she termed it a single-entry visa and noted it used to be called the social/culture visa...so confusing!

I have done lots of research, but no expert, sounds strange. I just got my social visa and no mention in the consulate of name change. where is he living??? he should lodge his application himself - easy if in Australia. Cost $60 for social cultural visa and takes 4 days.

good luck

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
the single entry permit refers to the the 60-day tourist visa (no sponsorletter of Indonesian citizen required). wich you can convert in Bali to a sos-bud visa (with sponsorletter of indonesian citizen).
Like spicy said...Proof of insurances like you mention is only applicable for a retirement visa.

Keeping it short and to the point not to add to your confusing :)
fr.gr. gilbert

kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
Hello
Thanks everyone for your information. Based on her description of this visa, it appears to be similar to the social visa. 60 days, monthly renewal for four months, needs a sponsor. She noted the insurance requirements were due to the fact that this agency, which is located in Indonesia, would be sponsoring him so they must have this as a stipulation. I was trying to get him the social visa right off the bat because I thought he would need to leave the country after 60 days to convert to social but based on your post Gilbert, I gather that is not necessary? My boyfriend has developed some close contacts in Indonesia through his online stuff but neither live in Bali, perhaps they would know someone willing to sponsor him.