zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
Hi all, my i-phone screen starts flickering a few days ago. Does anybody know a good/reliable apple service shop or any advice on how to trouble shoot this problem? I have mine since 2 years, so unfortunately, no more guarantee. Btw, I did google, but couldn’t find a solution. Appreciate your help and thank you.

DelMundo

Mar 31, 2011
Did you try updating the firmware? :icon_e_ugeek:

Careful updating the firmware if you've jailbroken/unlocked it. You could lose the unlocking forever!

There is a guy in Bali Advertiser who buys broken iphones fixes too, and offered me a somewhat reasonable price to fix a button on my iphone. Replies to SMS, in english. I suspect i could bargain down, so barter on the price. Check him out, and if it works out, let us know.

Don't let them keep the iPhone overnight or something as you may never see them or the phone again

It doesn't cost much to get a new screen if thats the issue, I heard only $30 in Bangkok....not sure abt here

again, let us know!

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
Careful updating the firmware if you've jailbroken/unlocked it. You could lose the unlocking forever!

There is a guy in Bali Advertiser who buys broken iphones fixes too, and offered me a somewhat reasonable price to fix a button on my iphone. Replies to SMS, in english. I suspect i could bargain down, so barter on the price. Check him out, and if it works out, let us know.

Don't let them keep the iPhone overnight or something as you may never see them or the phone again

It doesn't cost much to get a new screen if thats the issue, I heard only $30 in Bangkok....not sure abt here

again, let us know!

Thanks all, will contact the guy in bali ad. And sure, I'll never leave the phone out of my sight. Recently a friend lost his mac, left it at a mac shop in ubud for repair and never saw it again. The shop is closed, according to the neighbor - bankcrupt.
Spicyayam, by firmware you mean update from i-tunes? Yes, I always do this. When I got mine 2 years ago, it came with a contract, so I never had to unlock it.
Will let you know the outcome.

LATAH

Oct 12, 2010
Thanks all, will contact the guy in bali ad. And sure, I'll never leave the phone out of my sight. Recently a friend lost his mac, left it at a mac shop in ubud for repair and never saw it again. The shop is closed, according to the neighbor - bankcrupt.
Spicyayam, by firmware you mean update from i-tunes? Yes, I always do this. When I got mine 2 years ago, it came with a contract, so I never had to unlock it.
Will let you know the outcome.

You could also try PcMax - the authorized reseller in Bali. I think they have a service dept at main store Denpasar (not at RIMO)..

www.pcmax.co.id

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
.................. I'll never leave the phone out of my sight. Recently a friend lost his mac, left it at a mac shop in ubud for repair and never saw it again. The shop is closed, according to the neighbor - bankcrupt.

While I don't doubt the stories of lost gadgets, it is not all that common. I have left desktop computers, laptops, and mobile phones for service without a problem. For computers I have long used Gi Computer in RTC (Rimo Trade Centre) in Jl Diponegoro - they have a laptop outlet on the ground floor, and a desktop building and servicing room 2 levels up. They remember what you have bought and know what warranties you are entitled to.

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
While I don't doubt the stories of lost gadgets, it is not all that common. I have left desktop computers, laptops, and mobile phones for service without a problem. For computers I have long used Gi Computer in RTC (Rimo Trade Centre) in Jl Diponegoro - they have a laptop outlet on the ground floor, and a desktop building and servicing room 2 levels up. They remember what you have bought and know what warranties you are entitled to.

You are absolutely correct, Ron. This is probably one of 'those cases'. I don't think things like this will happen in reliable bigger shops/outlets. My remark was not intended to generalize this issue, just sharing

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
There is a guy in Bali Advertiser who buys broken iphones fixes too said:
Hi, as promised, an update.
I called up the guy from Bali Ad. He has now a shop at Sunset (next to Ripcurl). I was planning to go there today. However, the flickering has stopped about 2 days ago:icon_razz:. No idea why, the only thing I did was to switch off the brightness automatic button (found this tip on google). So, this is just in case anybody is looking for i-phone services.