I hate children

Git

Jul 16, 2005
dutch /indonesian in the usa for now
Jimbo posted:"By your admission you are doing the same? Do not understand your point...................."

Doing what the same?-Having a million babies? No- I have only one child.
The point is obvious isnt it?
1-keep bringing children into this world that cannot be provided for.They suffer-
2-keep having babies JUST FOR THE SAKE of having ONE MALE born into the family-
3-neglect of the basic needs of any child happens with this haphazard thinking-
4- nothing to do with poor or rich-
Its a "status" thing if you have a MALE CHILD, I am speaking of the balinese families I spoke to. (yes this also happens in China)

chilli

Apr 24, 2008
Jimbo, i think it wasnt a language thing at all, his post is very clear. !

Why keep having children when you cant afford the ones you already have ?

Jimbo, lets say you have 5 children already and you are still working your butt off to make sure they get all their needs met, (as you are doing) why didnt you just have another 5 ?

OR Why not adopt a homeless child or orphan to take care of instead of keep having more. ?

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Chilli

Have you just woken up after the holidays :D The thread is a bit old. As for me I have 6 children all of which are or have going to college/University and I can afford them. It is also my intention when I retire to look at ways of opening and refuge for children.

Now on to the subject in hand. My own extended family in Indonesia had very large families. Average was 8 children. Part of the reasons for this were economic in that children are wealth. Children here look after their parents in old age for example, work the familiy farm and together look after each other and their siblings. This is necessary in a community or country where there is no fall back on state help.

I was never sure what the point of Gits post was but seemed to imply his values were the ones that count. In agrarian societies large familys are the norm. I was not saying that one should have more children just to get a male child.

Nice to see you back posting :D

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
I have to say even though it was in the fiction section - it had me worried. Glad everything is okay though!

Sama sama, using the words of uhmmm some old pop song "abra abracadabra I want to reach out and grab ya" I was going to replace grab with strangle!!!!!:icon_lol:

sawbones

Nov 1, 2009
children

Post natal psychosis will begin when they become smelly, mouthy, know-it-all, teenagers.

G

Gurkha

I used to hate them as well;but I found that if you brine them in a basic pickling brine and then cook them on a rotisserie at a temperature of 180 C for 4 hrs, the skin is nice and crispy and the meat just falls off the bones!