BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
Hey all just after some info on getting married here. My Fiance is a 3/4 Chinese, 1/4 Balinese Catholic who is practicing Kong Hu Chu but so far has not converted. Confusing I know :). I know we'll have to convert in order to get married, does anyone know how to go about this as far as legality goes? What are the steps to gaining a marriage license after that.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
She has not converted yet or you? Basically I believe you need to have the same religion in Indonesia to get married.

How one goes about converting, it is probably best to just speak to a local priest.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
What is Kong Hu Chu ? I presume you meen she is 100% catholic :icon_biggrin: If so you need to be to but you might get away with both of you saying christian

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kong_Hu_Cu_(filsuf)

Kong Hu Chu is very similar to Buddhism, its a recognized religion in Indonesia and is practiced in temples all over the country. I'm aware we'll have to be the same religion in order to get married, from what I've been told though the amount of bullshit you have to go through to get married in most religions here its easier to get hitched over seas. Kong Hu Chu seemed like the easy option as my fiance was eventually going to convert and there is no problem with us getting married in the temple.

My question is where do we go to get a marriage license?.

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
I got all my paperwork from the village office from where my wife came from when I married [2 million] and the certificate later at the registry office in Singaraja.[ 100,000 IDR to get it fast, within 1 hour, as apparently the main registar was not in that day, yea??]

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
Not to sound racist but I like my chances with the Chinese Buddhist rather than the Javanese Muslim. It helps that my fiances uncle works at the Temple as well. :)

I'll let everyone know how things go.

karmenova

Jun 2, 2010
Need information about legalisir paper for marrige

Hey all,
Im balinese will get merrige on july,my dobt is ..about to legalisir all document what we had after wedding where should i go...She is from Bulagaria so far my information about bulgarian embassy is in jakarta...is it any one know some agent or kurir who take care of this paper, so like this we don´t need flight to jakarta becouse for safety resson..and i didnt know so much about jakarta. your information really helpful ..and thanks.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Karmenova

If you get married in a Balinese ceromony you will receive a document saying so but your lady will have to become a hindu first. After this you go to the Kantor Cipil in Bali to get the official certifikat perkawinan.

If you are not Hindu or are getting married as christian or muslim you both must be of the same religion. Good luck to both of you.

karmenova

Jun 2, 2010
Thanks

:icon_wink:[ thanks for your suggestion... do you know some think about impedement letter? how is the prosedure and where to get it..?
QUOTE=Jimbo;51662]Karmenova

If you get married in a Balinese ceromony you will receive a document saying so but your lady will have to become a hindu first. After this you go to the Kantor Cipil in Bali to get the official certifikat perkawinan.

If you are not Hindu or are getting married as christian or muslim you both must be of the same religion. Good luck to both of you.[/QUOTE]

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
:icon_wink:[ thanks for your suggestion... do you know some think about impedement letter? how is the prosedure and where to get it..?
QUOTE=Jimbo;51662]Karmenova

If you are not Hindu or are getting married as christian or muslim you both must be of the same religion. Good luck to both of you.
[/QUOTE]

Your wife to be must go to her embassy and swear an oath of non impedement. Pay the fee and wait 1 month [at least] then collect the letter and present to the people who will make the marriage.

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
My fiance waited a week for hers, all she did was show them her family card and that was it.

We're just sent our documents off to the NZ Embassy in Jakarta for my Letter of Impedement and Consular Certifiate. Just need to convert to Budism and I'm good to go

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Not sure if there is an embassy for your wife as she is from the former soviet block and it maybe best if she gets this from her own country before coming over.

It would be better than waiting around in Jakarta.