Dunaden

Nov 18, 2012
Noosa Heads
I just asked some one local at my villa if there were many scooter taxi drivers-she said no? Why is this? It's what I need....like now!!! Hole in the market? Is it the danger aspect....frustrating..:(

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
If you mean from Seminyak to Seminyak Square, then probably about Rp15,000. If you mean to Kuta Square, around Rp25 to 30K.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Dunaden, I'd like to add that regular taxis charge around the same price as ojek and you get to travel in a comfort. Ojek are not much cheaper these days.

bundyrum

Jun 16, 2013
saw an ojek on the road sideways the other day....better in a bluebird..and the bloody Russians r all broke..they get very cheap fares here and cum wiv no money..now Balangan beach is full of em...luv ma spellnn..they whinge at the s/market over 5,000 Rp.Ahhh god luv em...and keep Snowden..lol.my visitors jus gone home after 1 month,,I'm BANKRUPTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT....HICUPPPP//////

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
I get a bit tired of people condoning riding motorbikes/cars without valid licences. Yes, for a minor "blunder" (like your front wheel is over the white line at traffic lights), you probably still can pay the cop on the spot. (Maybe even get a free beer or two.) And sure, you might get away with it for years. Until the day when you're involved in a serious accident (irrespective of whose "fault" it was).

Markit wrote:
Far be it from me to try and incite anyone to break the law but I have to ask you: if you have IDR 50k in you pocket why do you need a driving license here in Bali?

Because if you're involved in a significant accident without a valid licence, your troubles will escalate astronomically.

It is definitely not "smart" to be stupid.

:icon_cool:

bundyrum

Jun 16, 2013
50 k jus keeps going if u don't have some type of licence...and I hate that white line..but the police r ok..I drink with them..
and even got let off free with no helmet..the other day..just use your manners,,and speak Indo.It's their home.God luv em///
And parts of new road have opened up..which is good...they jus gotta fix that airport..lolol.