robtld1001

Oct 31, 2010
Hi everyone,
I really want to move to bali for at least a year i am a 20 year old female and taking a break from studying, i have a a few questions i hope i could get some answers to.

How hard is it to find a job in Bali i am a qualified Swim teacher, lifeguard and surf instructor is there any work in these fields in bali if not what other areas are easy to find work in?

Places to live in bali what is the best type of accommodation to live for one person for a year in the south of bali?

what kind of Visa would i need for this year if i wanted to work?

Thank you in advance to everyone i really want to make this dream a reality

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
Hi everyone,
I really want to move to bali for at least a year i am a 20 year old female and taking a break from studying, i have a a few questions i hope i could get some answers to.

How hard is it to find a job in Bali i am a qualified Swim teacher, lifeguard and surf instructor is there any work in these fields in bali if not what other areas are easy to find work in?

Places to live in bali what is the best type of accommodation to live for one person for a year in the south of bali?

what kind of Visa would i need for this year if i wanted to work?

Thank you in advance to everyone i really want to make this dream a reality

You could possibly offer the swimming teaching service to expats and work on a sos bud visa - the visa does have strict no working conditions though so you would need to be privately employed and not really share the information with anyone except your employer. The easiest job to get is an english teacher however it is a low paying job and you are contracted to 12 months service as they cover your visa expenses. I know Surf Life Saving Australia has a program going about going into SE Asian villages teaching kids how to swim to reduce the 10's of thousands of drownings each year so maybe contact them.

A kos is your best and cheapest form of accomodation - these range from 300,000 - local shared bathroom & toilet as well as Kitchen unfurnished or a furnished private Kos in Kuta you can get for 1 million a month and these are nice. A friend is renting a brand new Kos off legian street near Padma for 1 million w/ swimming pool but no kitchen so shes got a camping stove. Personally, I wouldnt look for AC. You acclimatise so quickly its a waste of money as electric is expensive here.

You need a sponsor for a working visa, you cant just get one. These cost roughly 1200 USD per year.

Thailand is much easier to live in and much cheaper than bali :)

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Which country are you from? I would look into countries that offer the working holiday program, where you can work legally and have a great cultural/life experience. I believe Australia and Indonesia have started that program, so you could look into that if you are from Australia.

You could possibly offer the swimming teaching service to expats and work on a sos bud visa

I am sorry, but that is poor advice. I would not recommend anyone to come here and work on a tourist or social visa. Better to find a country where you will 100% legit. You don't want to put yourself in the situation where you could be deported or having to pay a lot of money to get out of your trouble. Not worth the risk. Only choose a country where you can work legally and Indonesia is not in that list you can still come for an extended holiday.

If you want to work here, make sure your employer or supporting organization will offer and pay for your working visa. :icon_biggrin:

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
Your right spicyayam, that was terrible advice!

International Volunteering | Surf Life Saving - it is applicable in Bali however I do believe it is only volunteer work.

ndonesia, Bali - Emma Larssen

Ms Emma Larssen was the first Australian Youth Ambassador for Development (AYAD) for the Indonesian Surf Life Saving Association, commencing a 10 month placement in July 2010 as a Water Safety Education Officer. Ms Larssen is working directly with the Indonesian Surf Life Saving Association to establish sustainable and effective school and community water safety programs to support drowning prevention and reduction in Bali.

A member of the Cronulla Surf Life Saving Club, Ms Larssen has extensive experience and qualifications in surf lifesaving and has previously completed lifeguard work in Japan.

robtld1001

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks for all of the great ideas guys, how do you go about getting a job teaching english?
i am not really interested in working in thailand or other countries i just want to try my luck in bali, any other job ideas would be a great help
Thanks heaps

steph.c

Jun 17, 2011
A friend is renting a brand new Kos off legian street near Padma for 1 million w/ swimming pool but no kitchen so shes got a camping stove.

Is there any chance you have some more information on this Kos,, i am really interested :)
my email is stephellis92 at gmail dot com

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
I think you need to be a qualified teacher now if you want to work in Indonesia.

You're probably right there, BKT, but I still can't stop laughing. Given the recent so-called 99.9% examination pass rates, one would have to be a super super teacher, qualified or not.

:icon_razz:

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
Is there any chance you have some more information on this Kos,, i am really interested :)
my email is stephellis92 at gmail dot com

Its on Gang IV. If you go legian street near Melasti there is a Circle K on the right side of Legian Street. Its a gang across the road from the Circle K.. There is heaps of good Kos around here and quite cheap.

All around Padma Timur/Majapahit/Sri Rama/Nakula area there is alot of good cheap Kos available

steph.c

Jun 17, 2011
Its on Gang IV. If you go legian street near Melasti there is a Circle K on the right side of Legian Street. Its a gang across the road from the Circle K.. There is heaps of good Kos around here and quite cheap.

All around Padma Timur/Majapahit/Sri Rama/Nakula area there is alot of good cheap Kos available

okay i will check them out thanks so much :)