employment wanted

kevinblacknwhite

Jan 25, 2010
Hi guys

Could anybody tell me where the best place to advertise for employment wanted or a decent employment agency that services expats ??
Kev

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
If you post the general requirements of the position and the location, perhaps a forum member can recommend someone.

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
haha good one!

Actually I have a new girl coming over from Lombok next week. She will work with Iluh for a month handover.

Sorry to hijack your thread there Kevin. sorry I cant help with your request. :)

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
:oops: Kevin, looks like I misread your post. There aren't any job boards for foreigners in Bali because there are very few jobs here that a local could not do. Just the cost of a working visa is greater than the average local salary.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
yeah..chances are not big for finding a job..
like spice said, wages for a balinese would be about 60% of the costs that a company would pay just to get you a workingvisa. and then ofcourse your salary on top of that makes it difficult.... unless you have some special skills that would make it viable for a company to hire someone from abroad.
On the bottom of the page there's a link to free bali advertiser, maybe posting a add explaing what kind of special skills you've got, a resume, and a little story as to why you wanna work on Bali...might get you something, maybe.
goodluck, friendly greetings...gilbert.

MiSO

Jul 29, 2009
KevinB&W,
General manager for a Bali-magazine?

As my neighbour above said: what are the skills to offer...
But before placing an add: read Bali-advertiser, noticeboards, talk with people.

I have been only a few months here, but I think there are enough jobs here. Depending on how much you want to earn :wink:

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
MiSO said:
I have been only a few months here, but I think there are enough jobs here. Depending on how much you want to earn

enough jobs?? and on top of that earn??as in making money.. :shock:
forget about it MiSO...ofcourse one can work, but will loose money in the process, not make any.

MiSO

Jul 29, 2009
Yep.. I know, unbelievable I am saying this, but this is my conclusion from what I came across last week. I am not looking for a job at all, but I have been invited twice for an interview...
I didn't ask about the salary, but it was well paid (the Western employer said)
But you know, it all depends what you want, what you can. I strongly believe you can work anywhere, if not for an employer, then start something for yourself. Creativity is the answer and Internet is not for nothing.

But I think we need more info from the topic starter, because I feel like talking in the air now.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
the OP got his answers....
1 : where to advertise himself or look for a job?----Bali Advertiser
2 : any expat employment service?---- not existing.

well paid, would mean around 8-10j. (Sr.Acc.Man. at an advertisement agency)...
deduct paying for workkitas, living expenses (all) one doesn't make money but looses money.
starting your own company, would cost even more and a considerable risk of loosing everything one invested.

MiSO

Jul 29, 2009
gilbert de jong said:
the OP got his answers....
1 : where to advertise himself or look for a job?----Bali Advertiser
2 : any expat employment service?---- not existing.

well paid, would mean around 8-10j. (Sr.Acc.Man. at an advertisement agency)...
deduct paying for workkitas, living expenses (all) one doesn't make money but looses money.
starting your own company, would cost even more and a considerable risk of loosing everything one invested.

Haha...I don't know Gilbert, but he knew I was from Europe and he convinced me it was highly paid. As I wasn't interested I didn't ask how much it was exactly. Next time I'll ask details, so I can inform you all in figures.

Ok, enough about work, where is the cooking section...

Nath

Jul 9, 2008
Gilbert,

I love how you are always so helpfull and willing to provide information! :D

I have to disagree with you though on this one. Bali is the land of opportunity. The Sky is the limit. Sure there are risks involved in doing business here, but if you are smart, and have skills to offer then there are many opportunities as both a Western Employee or in Starting your own business.

There are many Westerners here earning god income. Well above expenses! :lol:

Nathan

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I know, unbelievable I am saying this, but this is my conclusion from what I came across last week. I am not looking for a job at all, but I have been invited twice for an interview...
I didn't ask about the salary, but it was well paid (the Western employer said)

there are many opportunities as both a Western Employee

I am not looking for a job, but I get quite a few emails from foreigners looking for jobs in Bali. Can either of you help provide some advice for people looking for work here.

And what jobs exactly are available here for foreigners? And do these jobs provide a working visa?

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Can't help but wonder if the well paid jobs involve selling time share or some other commission based work. Where yes you can earn great wages IF you sell enough.

But if it is other than I too would be interested in knowing what kind of work - not just for people who contact me about working in Bali but who knows maybe even for myself....assuming of course as Spicy said they DO provide a work visa :D

widder

Jul 16, 2007
Tulamben
www.chiliandgamalan.com
this is my 2nd job in Indonesia and both employers handled the work permit and visa, so, other than picking up my visa (once in KL and once in Singapore), I had nothing to do with getting it. However, since this is quite expensive, your employer will expect you to stay in the job for the duration of the visa, and get the money back from you by paying you a rather low wage. This means that 1st of all you have to find a company who wants to employ you and can afford the visa and work permit, which, together with fee for visa agent, costs the company around US$2000 all up. Also, the employer is your sponsor, which means that you can not work for anyone else. If you have a disagreement with your employer, and either walk out, or they sack you, they will simply EPO (Exit Permit Only) you, which is a stamp in your passport and means that you have leave the country within 7-10 days.

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
If you have a disagreement with your employer, and either walk out, or they sack you, they will simply EPO (Exit Permit Only) you, which is a stamp in your passport and means that you have leave the country within 7-10 days.

I hadnt' thought about that and it is not something I would want to risk in my circumstances Widder......thanks.