Annam

Oct 6, 2011
kerobokan
No there not but in other ares they are i still don't understand why john hasn't made the school more disability accessible

I agree with you Rhys. Children with mobility issues/physical disability are disadvantaged in schools all over the world in my experience. My youngest daughter has a physical disability - walks on sticks (crutches) and long distances in wheelchair. secondary school has been a major, major disappointment to her (and to me) and she has gone from being a bright, inquisitive, happy to go to school kid, to one who is still happy and wanting to go to school, but sick of schools constantly rejecting her because they don't have facilities. Kids with mobility issues want to have as normal a life as anyone else ..... but anyway, I am on my bandwagon again. We are trying to move to Bali, and the schooling issue has been a big and disappointing one.

gibbndip

Jul 3, 2011
Sanur
Have you had a look at Little Stars in Sanur ? You mentiond Cheeky monkeys in Sanur so I assume your looking in that area. My little one goes there and loves it.

Pakman

Jan 13, 2012
Many schools (most) in Bali do not cater for children with "special needs" or who need an aide.Those that do usually leave it up to the parent to find and negotiate the cost of an aide to accompany their child, this generally leads to inexperienced aides due to the extra funds needed to employ someone with expertise outside of the school environment.I know this first hand as, I am a teachers aide here in Bali and most parents needing special support for their children here are disappointed in the lack of schools offering little, if any solution.Schools here need to employ aides, not outsource the job putting the onus back on the already frustrated parents.All children deserve equal access to learning opportunities available to them.Things are slowly changing here and hopefully all schools will one day realise the benefits in employing special needs aides.