Jan 12, 2009
There are a few threads on this if you search on cheeky monkeys or kindergarten

Such as:

Last edited by a moderator:

RhysG

Oct 3, 2011
seminyak
www.lokalliving.com
hey daytmika one of the best skool in bali checky monkeys is ok but my sister pulled her sun out of there. best bet is daytmika or AIS (good for special needs), just depends you want the IB program go to diyatmika if you want the australia curriculum you go to AIS.
me and my sister went to AIS for high skool and i went to diyatmika well actuly my mum and dad where the original founders of diyatmika dad found all the land and got all the building permits my got all the the teachers from the west.
but story for an other time. sorry i just read you thread

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
Sanur/Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
hey daytmika one of the best skool in bali checky monkeys is ok but my sister pulled her sun out of there. best bet is daytmika or AIS (good for special needs), just depends you want the IB program go to diyatmika if you want the australia curriculum you go to AIS.
me and my sister went to AIS for high skool and i went to diyatmika well actuly my mum and dad where the original founders of diyatmika dad found all the land and got all the building permits my got all the the teachers from the west.
Thanks Rhys, appreciate the comments...and do tell the story of your folks starting the school, am all ears :icon_biggrin:

RhysG

Oct 3, 2011
seminyak
www.lokalliving.com
Abit of histroy of sekola diyatmika

back in the day If your father was indonesian and you mother was a westerner you where not allowed to go to an international school how every if your father was the westerner and your mother was indonesian then you where allowed to go to an international school. My mum (english/australian) and My dad (banteg west java indonesia) wanted to give me a western education but did not to leave bali ( my sister went to australi fro school till in high school and did correspondents) also a group of expat that married indonesian men where on the same track. so we looked into the law and found out if you make a sekolah yayasana (community school) that anyone can go there and you can teach anything. Then was bron the idear for sekolah yayasana diyatmika (The diyatmika community school) concept of a school for anyone that wanted the kids to have an international school). Dad went land hunting the school all the way out in woop woop beacuse we use to live there and land was super cheap he also went with an othe founder who is one of the best lawyers in indo to got get the permits and every thing from bali and jakrata. establishing Dyatmika School thus began in December 1995 as a parent-funded venture. After a long search for a site, construction of the school broke ground in March 1996, and in August of the same year the school opened classes one through four with 23 students, 5 teachers and 4 support staff. The school enrolment for 1997 initially increased to 37 students in classes one through five (me being ne of the the frist 23 studnet mainly children of the board members and there friends) i moved out in class 5 when we found out i have dyslexia BIS being the only school in bali that could help me with special needs me and mum went to Australia for about 6 month to talk to dyslexia experts to see what kind of help i could get and all that jazz while papa spent 6 month in jakrata try to change the law( he had many family members in government) eventuly the law was changed and now if you dad indo and you mou bule you can go to an international school, but still now diyatmika one of the bets if not the best International school in bali.

Please forgive me for grammar or spelling mistake
hope you enjoye that pice of history as i enjoyed telling you.

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
Thanks very much for that, very interesting indeed. And dont worry about spelling, its what you say that counts. :icon_biggrin:
My wife seems to be more interested in Cheeky Monkeys at present, but we will see. Be in Bali on Saturday to sign up the house and be over in April. The house is opposite the Dymika school.

RhysG

Oct 3, 2011
seminyak
www.lokalliving.com
oh ok you not taking berman and katrina house from bali weddings are you ?
there kidd go to school at diyatmika too and they live opposite there as well.
checky monkeys is ok but my sister wasn't happy with them sont know why.
AIS also is very good school that in kerobkan i still drop buy and say hi to every there even though i graduated already

Larnes

Jul 28, 2008
Dyatmika

Hi there goldminer
Haven't had experience with children in Dyatmika but did interview for a job there a few years ago. School seems very well organised from a curriculum perspective but this was high school section. The only feedback I have heard from parents in talking to them has been positive, but very general.

Adam

Jul 21, 2006
Western Australia
Goldminer,

Sounds like you are finally making the big move. Congratulations! You lucky enough for retirement too or going FIFO?

Kind regards,
Adz

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
Goldminer,

Sounds like you are finally making the big move. Congratulations! You lucky enough for retirement too or going FIFO?

Kind regards,
Adz
Hey Adam, how are you mate? :icon_biggrin: Gonna fi/fo for a year or 2, then retire there. When you are next in Bali, let me know and i will pm my fone number. A beer or 10 can be consumed :highly_amused:

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Hi Goldminer

I had my kid in Cheeky Monkey's for over a year. We eventually moved school as the quality was going down. I know that there were other parents thinking the same way.

That's almost a year ago now so maybe things have improved at Cheeky M.

enduringcreat

Dec 7, 2011
And its a really great school. Ive always heard positive things about it. Your parents did you proud no mistake, thanks for sharing your story. Debbie

Adam

Jul 21, 2006
Western Australia
Hey Adam, how are you mate? :icon_biggrin: Gonna fi/fo for a year or 2, then retire there. When you are next in Bali, let me know and i will pm my fone number. A beer or 10 can be consumed :highly_amused:

GM,

Well done, I envy you, you lucky sod! All good at my end, am in the middle of owner building a monstrosity on the side of the hill here in Gero which hopefully will lead to an early-ish move to the tropics later on down the track, if I survive the building process that long lol. Not sure when I'll be back up that way as I've really gotta knuckle down and get this damn thing finished but I'll sure drop you a line next time I do. Rest assured I always promise myself I'll stay away from Bali for a while but seem to end up back there within a few months.....

"A beer or 10 can be consumed"

Just 10? I'm sure we can do better than that ;)

Take care buddy.
Adz

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
GM,

Well done, I envy you, you lucky sod! All good at my end, am in the middle of owner building a monstrosity on the side of the hill here in Gero which hopefully will lead to an early-ish move to the tropics later on down the track, if I survive the building process that long lol. Not sure when I'll be back up that way as I've really gotta knuckle down and get this damn thing finished but I'll sure drop you a line next time I do. Rest assured I always promise myself I'll stay away from Bali for a while but seem to end up back there within a few months.....

"A beer or 10 can be consumed"

Just 10? I'm sure we can do better than that ;)

Take care buddy.
Adz
Ok, look forward to it Adz, a big house we have, so plenty of room to pass out if we do over indulge. :highly_amused:

Annam

Oct 6, 2011
kerobokan

sorry, need to make a correction here. Don't know how good AIS is for kids with special needs in other areas, but it isn't any good for kids with mobility issues - just needed to clarify that.

RhysG

Oct 3, 2011
seminyak
www.lokalliving.com
sorry, need to make a correction here. Don't know how good AIS is for kids with special needs in other areas, but it isn't any good for kids with mobility issues - just needed to clarify that.
No there not but in other ares they are i still don't understand why john hasn't made the school more disability accessible