Status
Not open for further replies.

kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
Hello
If you get offered employment in Bali, does the work visa need to be officially processed before you go to Indonesia or do you come on a different type of visa and take care of everything in Bali? The last time I worked abroad, the company started arranging my paperwork before I left but it was not ready until after I arrived. At that time, I was given the official work permit. The company I am interviewing with will provide a full work visa.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
If you come on a tourist visa first for example, you will probably need to go to pick up your working visa in Singapore once it is approved. You will need to check with your employer if they will pay for your travel costs etc.

Even if your company says it is ok, I wouldn't start working until I had the working visa approved.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
you would need to submit the paperwork/application for your workvisa (visa C) at the indonesian embassy.
The embassy will then check with jakarta if there's a file with your details(telex-confirmation)
The workpermit will not be given to you, but to the company...i.e. you can not change employers.
I'm almost sure the company will use an agent for the paperwork, so it would be wise to stay in contact with them too.
fr.gr.gilbert.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
If your company is responsible and legit they will do all this for you and you should not have to worry.

HUH? maybe I misunderstand or misread...but how is the balinese/indonesian company going to the indonesian embassy in the futur employee's homecountry to get the visa? the company if like you said is responsible and legit, will take care of all paperwork on this end of the ocean..but one still has to apply in person at the indo embassy, but that's just formalities if there's an IMTA approval from Jakarta.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
You supply your details to the company, the company gets the work visa, the goverment text your visa to the embassy of your choice then you pickup your visa & enter Indonesia on your work visa. I under stand Jimdo's post & is true. The company will do all the work for you if they are legit. Then again you can just pay lots of money under the table & get your visa through the back door:icon_mrgreen:

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
I certainly never had to do a thing when I worked in Indonesia from visa's to police registration to driving licenses to housing. That was a long time ago however :icon_biggrin: The company I worked for was a canadian company with a registered Joint Venture with a Indonesia company in Indonesia.

I worry about a lot of these so called teaching jobs that try to do everything on the cheap and in some cases illegally.

I can never understand why folks try and work around the laws of the country you are working or staying in. Downright dangerous and stupid IMO but that is another story........Just like bring dogs in to a rabies invested island via the back door. If I cared for my animals I would not like to expose them to this vaccinations or no....but that is another story along with illegal bank accounts and driving licenses et all

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
@ fred..so like i said basically, :) just wondering how jimbo's visa ended up in his passport??.. since he didn't have to go to the embassy where they give you the visa..after signing the neccessary documents wich allows the embassy to hand over the visa.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
No they are not. If you have a KITAS it is easy and costs 69,000 Rp. It is when you do not fulfill the leagal requirements that you need to do things another way.

Do not get me wrong I am not moralizing as I have also done somethings via the back door but only as a last resort and in desperation.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
@ fred..so like i said basically, :) just wondering how jimbo's visa ended up in his passport??.. since he didn't have to go to the embassy where they give you the visa..after signing the neccessary documents wich allows the embassy to hand over the visa.

I never said that only that I had to do none of the paperwork involved which a legit company would take care of.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
I certainly never had to do a thing when I worked in Indonesia from visa's to police registration to driving licenses to housing.
I read, never had do a thing... going to an embassy filling out some forms and signing it, that sounds like to me as you did at least something and not nothing :)

Oh and while we're at it...
I can never understand why folks try and work around the laws of the country you are working or staying in. Downright dangerous and stupid IMO but that is another story........Just like bring dogs in to a rabies invested island via the back door. If I cared for my animals I would not like to expose them to this vaccinations or no....but that is another story along with illegal bank accounts and driving licenses et all
It's not working around the laws, its making the laws work for you. Same as my business in Holland, existing laws who don't cover all the bases is open for creativity without being dangerous or stupid. Same as foreigners buying land in Indonesia using whatever construction it's legal.
the illegal bankaccounts or licenses, have no idea what you're talking about?
but we are way oftrack as in off the thread, just felt like replying to your post :)

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Jimbo if you drive in the traffic here everyday, you would think that most of the driver got there license from a cornflake packet.:icon_mrgreen:

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Gilbert

You are just playing the semantics game and are leading folks along the wrong path. We all know that there are ways of doing things....that does not make them or you right so sod off and play with someone else :icon_biggrin:

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
dear jimbo...
Im am not playing any games, nor is it me who's leading people along a wrong path... as a matter a fact it's you by stating you didn't have do to a thing to get your kitas/workpermit, I just pointed out that one has to do some paperwork themself.
Don't blame me for your own mistake in being unclear in what you choose to write.
If you're right you're right, if you're wrong you're wrong, just take it as a guy and say so. If your ego doesnt permit you to do that then just be quiet and dont try to turn the tables around by writing nonsense.
Nonsense, because you suggest to other readers that whatever I do (???) altough it is within the law, the way is not right and therefor I am not right. again I am not playing games, just read back your own posts and hopefully you see what I mean.

Alot of people who read and ask questions on balipod do so because they have zero or little experience with Bali, now if I ever had misinformed someone, or gave info wich landed that person in problems don't you think he/she would pay me a visit?? my avatar is my face, my adress is on my profilepage...yours??
Or they could have confronted me here on Balipod with what they have run into followin my advice.
Know what I'm saying....

Anyways the original poster got his answer, and that's what important.

PS: Sorry to other members for this post, but I felt my credibility was being somewhat attacked.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Not being attacked you are just not credible. End of. Rant away if you must.

not credible?? End of?? no ranting either..Just reacting to the crap you write.
I should have known your ego is bigger then your brain.
Do you actually read what I write?? you only react to the attacked part, the rest you choose not to mention (or already forgot..old age symptom) and yet you make another attack on my caracter!
Btw, already retired??hahahaha...

Status
Not open for further replies.