Dentist?

harryopal

May 5, 2016
A bit over a year ago I enquired for a recommendation for a dentist and was referred to Bali 911 Dental Clinic Jalan Raya Kuta. I had a front upper filling refitted as the previous one which had lasted about 40 years had come out. The filling at Bali 911 dental clinic lasted two weeks despite taking care not to bite on hard stuff like apples so I haven't rushed back there.

More recently a couple of molar fillings have broken and an upper molar is now painful when I bite. I had been intending to go to a dentist returning to Australia some time but that is now now out of the question. Anyone had recent personal experience and can make a recommendation for a good dentist who will not charge like a wounded bull? We are in the Jimbaran area but have transport so can move about.

I have seen recommendations elsewhere for Dr Haris Wibowo (Dokter Gigi) Jl.Diponegoro 150/A-32 but these are some years old. Anyone had any experience with this gentleman?

Thanks in advance for any responses and although many of you might be quite skilled with pliers I would rather actually go to a qualified dentist.

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
I got some fillings done at this place in 2019 still going strong. Mrs still going there has appointment on Friday. Since COVIT this dentist is by appointment only and can meet you at her practice in Sanur after 4pm daily. PM if you want extra details eg whatsapp.

Dokter Gigi
Drg Kadek Sugianitri, M, Biomed
JL Danau Poso 50 Sanur Denpasar Bali

Last edited:

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Y
I got some fillings done at this place in 2019 still going strong. Mrs still going there has appointment on Friday. Since COVIT this dentist is by appointment only and can meet you at her practice in Sanur after 4pm daily. PM if you want extra details eg whatsapp.

Dokter Gigi

Yes,saw positive reviews about her.

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
I will make a comparison:

Her office is 100% clean but very 80's looking, she put in my fillings and started my gfs dental work (from Indonesian family had never been to a dentist in her life so you can image) as opposed to if I use my health insurance and go to the dentist here in Australia there is cameras monitor etc you can see what they are doing. Still around $120 excess every time more if you go too often in a year. I wouldn't even consider anything other than going to a dentist on health insurance in Australia, a simple clean will have you $200-$300 out of pocket so you can imagine fillings, crowns etc.

I would go back, easy. Great dentist! Good quality work.

Harry whatever you end up doing, please post back this sort of info is gold for some.

harryopal

May 5, 2016

Dokter Gigi
Thanks. I emailed and she responded immediately which is encouraging. We have an appointment also for Friday so will post some comment after our visit.

Reactions: PERtoDPS and tel522

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Perhaps a little out of the way for you poor southerners but Penta Medika are excellent. They are just between Padang Bai and Candi Dasa and their kit is way better than I've ever seen in the UK and they are good at what they do - most of the expats here in the area drag themselves there when needs must and preach about how good the usage was - take a Kitas/Passport visa with you and its local(ish) prices.

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Perhaps a little out of the way for you poor southerners but Penta Medika are excellent. They are just between Padang Bai and Candi Dasa and their kit is way better than I've ever seen in the UK and they are good at what they do - most of the expats here in the area drag themselves there when needs must and preach about how good the usage was - take a Kitas/Passport visa with you and its local(ish) prices.

Thanks for the information Markit but already been to Sanur and back. Two fillings 1,200,000 IDR. (Less than $120 Aus.) An Australian dental insurance group says, "According to the national Australian dental fee survey for 2017, a simple filling (item 522) can cost up to $200 and a more complex filling (item 535) can cost up to $320. "

First filling was the upper front tooth replacement for the filling done at Bali 911 Dental Clinic Jalan Raya Kuta a year ago which fell out two weeks later. Second filling was a molar which had been attended at the James Cook University Dental School in Townsville. Free treatment but you are done by students under supervision. The trainee had said the tooth was so broken that it couldn't be done. The supervisor organized a "provisional" filling with a band being placed around the tooth which is packed and the band then removed. This came to bits about two years later.

This evening when Kadek Sugianitri had completed work on the molar it felt a bit high. Some test bites were done and the cap reduced a bit. I still felt it was a bit high but the dentist said it was okay. She assured me I could eat immediately. We went to a bar restaurant next door. I had gado gado with nothing hard but the bit of filling which I thought was high broke off. About the size of a round grain of rice. It then felt comfortable.

I am not complaining, just reporting things as it happened. We will see how thing stand up a bit further down the track. And I have another appointment for a broken molar filling on Monday so obviously I am not discontented. No injections and no pain so that was a definite plus.

Thanks again for the responses

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Hi Harry

Wow you are very elaborate with your wording! I absolutely agree Dr Kadek does the fillings "high" as you described. I found the same and found it pretty weird to try and measure where to stop. Bits of them definitely do break off as you eat etc for probably the next 2 weeks, I would call that like the wearing in phase. Good to hear you are going back, my partner just had braces done by Dr Kadek and was a pretty good job. She also had a tooth that's gone further than you should let it go, eg black stinky breath and needs to come out before it infects the gums and she quoted on it but also advised a cheaper way she can get it done through a dental hospital. So she's not "greedy" for work, which in these times I consider a good sign.

All that said an done, I'd most certainly be interested to hear your feedback over the long term as I would very seriously consider to use her when I am back in Bali and I do continue to recommend her, however if for any reason her work isn't "up to scratch" I would certainly slow down on the recommendations.

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
For what it’s worth I go to The Mansions just outside Penestanan for a variety of dental work including crowns and have never had any problems at all. Latest gear, very efficient, pleasant to deal with. No idea about comparative cost just that its a lot cheaper than Sydney.

harryopal

May 5, 2016
No internet for five days so tardy follow up. Monday a very large filling replacement and four small fillings for my wife. Total, 2juta 50 ribu. No pain and overall very pleased. So thanks again PERtoDPS.

Sep 19, 2021
Thanks for the information Markit but already been to Sanur and back. Two fillings 1,200,000 IDR. (Less than $120 Aus.) An Australian dental insurance group says, "According to the national Australian dental fee survey for 2017, a simple filling (item 522) can cost up to $200 and a more complex filling (item 535) can cost up to $320. "

First filling was the upper front tooth replacement for the filling done at Bali 911 Dental Clinic Jalan Raya Kuta a year ago which fell out two weeks later. Second filling was a molar which had been attended at the James Cook University Dental School in Townsville. Free treatment but you are done by students under supervision. The trainee had said the tooth was so broken that it couldn't be done. The supervisor organized a "provisional" filling with a band being placed around the tooth which is packed and the band then removed. This came to bits about two years later.

This evening when Kadek Sugianitri had completed work on the molar it felt a bit high. Some test bites were done and the cap reduced a bit. I still felt it was a bit high but the dentist said it was okay. She assured me I could eat immediately. We went to a bar restaurant next door. I had gado gado with nothing hard but the bit of filling which I thought was high broke off. About the size of a round grain of rice. It then felt comfortable.

I am not complaining, just reporting things as it happened. We will see how thing stand up a bit further down the track. And I have another appointment for a broken molar filling on Monday so obviously I am not discontented. No injections and no pain so that was a definite plus.
professional dentist websites
Has anyone had bridgework done here in Panama? Were you pleased with results and prices? A friend is considering coming from US to have it done and would like to know if anyone can recommend Panama Clinica Express in San Franscico, Panama City or other. Thanks.

Sep 19, 2021

I am not complaining, just reporting things as it happened Dentists Ranked. We will see how thing stand up a bit further down the track. And I have another appointment for a broken molar filling on Monday so obviously I am not discontented. No injections and no pain so that was a definite plus.

Hello As luck would have it, I seem to have cracked a tooth. I leave tomorrow for Lisbon. This tooth has been looked at by my dentist recently and he said a crown is the next step. Does anyone have thoughts to share on finding a dentist in Lisbon? General thoughts or a specific recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Hello As luck would have it, I seem to have cracked a tooth. I leave tomorrow for Lisbon. This tooth has been looked at by my dentist recently and he said a crown is the next step. Does anyone have thoughts to share on finding a dentist in Lisbon? General thoughts or a specific recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
This is a Bali forum. Why would anyone have recommendations for Lisbon?

Sep 19, 2021
A bit over a year ago I enquired for a recommendation for a dentist and was referred to Bali 911 Dental Clinic Jalan Raya Kuta. I had a front upper filling refitted as the previous one which had lasted about 40 years had come out. The filling at Bali 911 dental clinic lasted two weeks despite taking care not to bite on hard stuff like apples so I haven't rushed back there.

More recently a couple of molar fillings have broken and an upper molar is now painful when I bite. I had been intending to go to a dentist returning to Australia some time but that is now now out of the question. Anyone had recent personal experience and can make a recommendation for a good dentist who will not charge like a wounded bull? We are in the Jimbaran area but have transport so can move about.

I have seen recommendations elsewhere for affordable dentist in bethpage but these are some years old. Anyone had any experience with this gentleman?

Thanks in advance for any responses and although many of you might be quite skilled with pliers I would rather actually go to a qualified dentist.
Any current recommendations for a good and affordable dentist in Bethpage? I’d like to find someone who doesn’t try to “upsell” you into unnecessary procedures.