Kirodoc

Apr 25, 2010
Laguna Beach, CA USA
I've been surfing these forums for the past few hours and have been unable to find any information regarding Chiropractic services in Bali. My family and I will likely be moving to Ubud in the next couple of months and I am a practicing Chiropractor here in California. We have a few friends who have visited Bali for extensive periods and a couple who have lived there, one having lived there for over 15 years. Both mentioned that they only knew of 1 chiropractor in the area and that there was definitely a 'need' for more. I'm trying to get an idea how marketable chiropractic is.

My questions are; does anyone know if these kinds of services are prevalent out there? Have any of you been to a chiropractor there or anywhere else? Is this kind of treatment practiced in Bali? Meaning, a holistic paradigm without drugs.

Thanks very much in advance for any insight.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
........We have a few friends who have visited Bali for extensive periods and a couple who have lived there, one having lived there for over 15 years. Both mentioned that they only knew of 1 chiropractor in the area and that there was definitely a 'need' for more. I'm trying to get an idea how marketable chiropractic is.

My questions are; does anyone know if these kinds of services are prevalent out there? Have any of you been to a chiropractor there or anywhere else? Is this kind of treatment practiced in Bali? Meaning, a holistic paradigm without drugs.

We had a guest speaker at our Rotary Club recently who was setting up a homeopathic practice - I think he had 2 locations - one was in Ubud. I know homeopathy and chiropractic are not the same - but maybe there are parallels. You can read about his talk and view his slides from
Tjok Gde Kerthyasa on Homeopathy in Bali - Dec 16, 09

So my impression is that chiropractors are not common here, but there would be a potential market, particularly among expats.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I am pretty sure there is the demand, mostly from the expat community. The possible problem you might have is getting government approval to practice here.

Kirodoc

Apr 25, 2010
Laguna Beach, CA USA
Thank you both for your responses. Do either of you know what getting government approval entails? No one I have spoken with seems to be informed on such a matter.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I have no idea and I can imagine trying to find the information would be difficult. I would suggest contacting practising chriopracters in Indonesia and ask them for advice.

I found some information on the web about Global chiro They have a clinic in Kuta and on their website they employ Australian and American doctors.

Who knows, they might even be looking for qualified staff. :icon_lol:

Kirodoc

Apr 25, 2010
Laguna Beach, CA USA
I have no idea and I can imagine trying to find the information would be difficult. I would suggest contacting practising chriopracters in Indonesia and ask them for advice.

I found some information on the web about Global chiro They have a clinic in Kuta and on their website they employ Australian and American doctors.

Who knows, they might even be looking for qualified staff. :icon_lol:

Thanks Spicy. I found them as well. :)

BaliChiro

Apr 28, 2010
Bali
Chiropractic in Bali

Chiropractic is already in Bali. There is a handful of duly qualified practitioners on the island. The profession is slowly but surely developing in Indonesia, counting approximately 35-40 practitioners in total across this vast archipelago. Licensing is an obstacle course loaded with mines! Contact me if you need more info.

Kirodoc

Apr 25, 2010
Laguna Beach, CA USA
Chiropractic is already in Bali. There is a handful of duly qualified practitioners on the island. The profession is slowly but surely developing in Indonesia, counting approximately 35-40 practitioners in total across this vast archipelago. Licensing is an obstacle course loaded with mines! Contact me if you need more info.

I'm not sure what the point of the first sentence was, as it is difficult to discern from text, but it could be read as 'we don't need another chiropractor'. I'm guessing that wasn't your intent, but to comment that 'chiropractic is already in Bali', when that was never the question gives me pause.

Anyway, do any of the practitioners on the island have websites or any other marketing vehicles? We have a friend that has lived in Bali for 17 years and only knows of 1 chiropractor there and she claims she did some looking for more as her experience wasn't what she had hoped.

I'd certainly like more info regarding where to find out what is needed to get licensed. Are there any online resources? Thanks for any help.

BaliChiro

Apr 28, 2010
Bali
I'm not sure what the point of the first sentence was, as it is difficult to discern from text, but it could be read as 'we don't need another chiropractor'. I'm guessing that wasn't your intent, but to comment that 'chiropractic is already in Bali', when that was never the question gives me pause.

Pause no more! It certainly wasn't my intent to infer that we don't need DC's anymore. It was in direct response to your original post "I've been surfing these forums for the past few hours and have been unable to find any information regarding Chiropractic services in Bali." My point was that Chiropractic does exist in Bali and it is not difficult to find information about it. A quick search of google using chiropractic and bali as search words is garanteed to yield some results. And if your friend has lived in Bali for 17 years, clearly she knows about Bali Advertiser. In that newspaper alone, not less than three chiropractors have advertised their services for at least the past five years.
As far as websites are concerned, you may try Global Chiropractic | We make a world of difference...
As far as "more info regarding where to find out what is needed to get licensed, there is no such thing. No chiropractic specific online resources either. Talk to 4 different people and you will get 4 different versions of what's needed. That's why I said in my last post that "Licensing is an obstacle course loaded with mines!"... Contact me privately by email if you'd like to know more. :icon_wink:

Last edited:

noodles

Apr 27, 2009
Unhappy in Singapore
No idea...Two months ago that I got chiropractors Japanese clinic leaflet in Papaya supermarket, they employ Japanese qulified doctor which located on Jl Bypass Ngurah Rai that the way to airport on the right side. Suggest that you can go there to have a look and do some market search if possible.

ladychiro

May 8, 2010
Try to look for a chiropractor at some local directories near your area, I'm pretty sure you'll find one near your location.

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Homeopathy

We had a guest speaker at our Rotary Club recently who was setting up a homeopathic practice - I think he had 2 locations - one was in Ubud. I know homeopathy and chiropractic are not the same - but maybe there are parallels. You can read about his talk and view his slides from
Tjok Gde Kerthyasa on Homeopathy in Bali - Dec 16, 09

Ron, I went to the Rotary link with the info on Tjok Gde Kerthyasa but could not find any info regarding his Ubud address. Can anyone point me to a good homeopath in the Ubud area? I'm hoping to find one today if possible.

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
Homeopath in Ubud

Ron, I went to the Rotary link with the info on Tjok Gde Kerthyasa but could not find any info regarding his Ubud address. Can anyone point me to a good homeopath in the Ubud area? I'm hoping to find one today if possible.

Hi Polly,
I was checking for a friend and came accross this one. Practitioners – Ubud Holistic.

At the end my friend went to see Linda from Intuitive flow, as she wanted to try the healing therapy. Hence, not sure how good he/she is. Good luck and hope this helps.

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Chiropractors in ubud

I've been surfing these forums for the past few hours and have been unable to find any information regarding Chiropractic services in Bali. My family and I will likely be moving to Ubud in the next couple of months and I am a practicing Chiropractor here in California. We have a few friends who have visited Bali for extensive periods and a couple who have lived there, one having lived there for over 15 years. Both mentioned that they only knew of 1 chiropractor in the area and that there was definitely a 'need' for more. I'm trying to get an idea how marketable chiropractic is.

Thanks very much in advance for any insight.

I have the following information Cheti Chiro, Ubud, apparently excellent 0361 7969031
Jim (retired from USA) works in Pejeng +628123927826

It may be worth a call to have a brain storm regarding what is happening in the Ubud area etc etc etc

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Hi Polly, try Anna Sari, she is Ubud does Homopath etc etc -
[email protected], thats her email. She has a clinic near Camphuan
:icon_biggrin:

Zoyra and Scout, thanks to both of you for your help. I looked at the Bali Holistic website. They list homeopathy as one of their modalities but when I looked at the practitioners' qualifications none of them mentions homeopathy. Still, they are worth a visit.

And Scout, do you know Anna Sari? Do you know if she the same person as Anna-Maree Downing described on the Bali Life Balance website?

I would much rather take an alternative route when it seems like the best choice for the problem but I think it is an area where it is easy for practitioners to raise their hands as experts when they may not really have enough training and qualifications to be useful.

Yesterday I ended up going to a traditional Balinese medicine man. That was a remarkable experience, unlike anything I've ever done. But I would not hesitate to go back to him again. For a problem that would have taken a week of antibiotics in western medicine he fixed in less than half an hour. I felt like he was ethical, experienced, caring, and deeply knowledgeable in a quite different way from western medicine. An amazing experience.

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Hi Polly, yes I do know her, and it is the same person. I know nothing of her expertise as I have not used her as a practicitioner.

Would love to hear more about your traditional medicine experience, perhaps send me a PM, I have been sick for nearly 3 weeks with a bacterial ecoli infection, and nothing is helping, so this might be the way to go. Have tried to call u, but your phone still not working?????
:icon_biggrin:

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
Balinese Medicine Man

Yesterday I ended up going to a traditional Balinese medicine man. That was a remarkable experience, unlike anything I've ever done. But I would not hesitate to go back to him again. For a problem that would have taken a week of antibiotics in western medicine he fixed in less than half an hour. I felt like he was ethical, experienced, caring, and deeply knowledgeable in a quite different way from western medicine. An amazing experience.

Hi Polly,

This sounds very interesting and I have been looking into this 'alternative' option. May I know more about this Balinese medicine man? Where is he located, how much per consultation etc. Could you pm me? Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator: