golem

Apr 22, 2012
Hey does anybody have any recommendations of a cheap gym near Kuta? The only one I found was Bali fittness center (hammerhead fitness center) which is about 2-3km from here and it is very expensive (day pass 60 000, 10 times 450 000). I am searching something much cheaper and hopefully even closer. I read that many hotels have gym but what do you think is the likelyhood that an outsider can use them for a fee...?

sunnycoast

Jun 4, 2010
Some hotels do allow outsiders to,take membership, but it won't be cheaper than the one you mentioned I think.
Ask around where you live, people will know where you find the nearest.

jaffa

Jan 15, 2009
Seminyak, Bali
Gyms around Kuta

Hey does anybody have any recommendations of a cheap gym near Kuta? The only one I found was Bali fittness center (hammerhead fitness center) which is about 2-3km from here and it is very expensive (day pass 60 000, 10 times 450 000). I am searching something much cheaper and hopefully even closer. I read that many hotels have gym but what do you think is the likelyhood that an outsider can use them for a fee...?

There is semi decent one at the beach at Legian - Jalan Pantai Legian just in between all the cafes and restuarants along the stretch there. Can't recall name but see map I made here (Location of Legian Gym - Google Maps). I think it was around 40k per visit (maybe 35k?). You won't find anything cheaper than that around the area I don't think and hotels are usually at least 60-100k per visit but some will let you visit. You just need to bullshit your way past the little person who isn't paid to think. There is a great Gym in Jimbaran for 25k a visit (Body Star) but obviously too far away.

My first gym in Bali ?
Take motor bike to end of Kuta beach (the southern end where the road along Kuta beach starts) and walk south past the markets along the walking track until you hit small grass area. Great tree branch there for chin ups, some concrete blocks for dips and some grass for sit ups and push ups. And as an added bonus there is a hose to wash yourself down afterwards. Locals think I'm nuts
What I save on the gym entry fee I spend on an English breakfast ;-0

golem

Apr 22, 2012
I think it was around 40k per visit (maybe 35k?). You won't find anything cheaper than that around the area I don't think and hotels are usually at least 60-100k per visit but some will let you visit. You just need to bullshit your way past the little person who isn't paid to think. There is a great Gym in Jimbaran for 25k a visit (Body Star) but obviously too far away.

Actually I did find a very cheap and pretty good one, it costs 125k for 1 month card and 20k for a single visit. It is in Supernova shopping center, maybe 1.7km from the end of Poppies 2, on Jalan Raya Kuta, to the Tuban direction. I would past a map but the forum wont allow me to paste links.

koyeha

May 5, 2016
am searching something much cheaper and hopefully even closer. I read that many hotels have gym but what do you think is the likelyhood that an outsider can use them for a fee...??????

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
am searching something much cheaper and hopefully even closer. I read that many hotels have gym but what do you think is the likelyhood that an outsider can use them for a fee...??????

In my experience if you act like you own the place you can generally use most hotel facilities for free. I've even been known to grab a buffet breakfast first...