steve

Feb 27, 2010
Ubud
Where can I find a decent camera repair shop? I have 2 cameras on the blink, and no idea where to take them. Thanks.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Try finding an authorized service centre for whatever brand of camera you have. But don't expect miracles!

About 16 months back my new Nokia phone seemed to be mal-functioning. I went to Nokia service on Jl Teuku Umar in Denpasar, they were puzzled so sent it to Jakarta and I was without my new phone for nearly 2 weeks. When it got back it was working - but with no explanation about what had been the problem. Later the same problem occurred again and this time I found that by switching it off then on it's fixed - so it was just a software glitch. So letting it go to Jakarta had been a waste of time.

More recently my Acer laptop had a problem with DVD/CD reader/writer - it would not load any disks. I went to Acer service in Denpasar, again it went to jakarta, but it came back in a week fixed. I think, but am not sure, that it has a replacement drive.

So my scoring would be 3 stars to Acer, but only half a star to Nokia.

Now we are seeking service on a Millenium satellite TV receiver - it sparked, emitted smoke, then went dead. It has gone to Surabaya with an estimated time of 3 weeks. I'm not optimistic, but its worth a try.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
If you think your phone is having some kind of software trouble, you could try installing the latest firmware. If it is a common problem, you might find a solution on the internet.

Jesse

Feb 16, 2010
Melbourne
Where can I find a decent camera repair shop? I have 2 cameras on the blink, and no idea where to take them. Thanks.

I think you better use your warranty than lending them to the locals for repair. It's much practical.

steve

Feb 27, 2010
Ubud
Update. I ran around Denpasar and found 4 decent camera stores. Non of which were "repair shops" by any stretch of the imagination. Also, none of the places I visited had a contact in Java to send cameras for repair. We are taking the camera to KL on the next visa run.

nyamabalisoho

Mar 12, 2011
Bali
www.NyamaBali.com

Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Konica Minolta, Sony, do have repair centre in Indonesia. Some even have distributor as the drop point for claiming warranty.
You can start by looking for the website of corresponding brand of your camera. Or you can describe the camera details here and I can forward it to our computer network and find the repair centre.

My advice is if its a pocket camera and no longer under warranty is consider buying a new one :)

nyamabalisoho

Mar 12, 2011
Bali
www.NyamaBali.com
About 16 months back my new Nokia phone seemed to be mal-functioning. I went to Nokia service on Jl Teuku Umar in Denpasar, they were puzzled so sent it to Jakarta and I was without my new phone for nearly 2 weeks. When it got back it was working - but with no explanation about what had been the problem. Later the same problem occurred again and this time I found that by switching it off then on it's fixed - so it was just a software glitch. So letting it go to Jakarta had been a waste of time.

Reformatting software usually solve most problem of mobile phone. For Nokia, try pressing these combination keys to reformat it back to factory default condition:
*#7370#

The best Nokia service centre in Bali in term of quality of work, knowledge, and competency is the one next to gas station on Jl. Teuku Umar Denpasar; suspicious and investigating customer service but if you are honest then nothing to worry. It was run by Bimasakti distributor.
The one opposite Bali State Library is incompetent, slow, but very good customer service; they run by Erajaya distributor.
There are more service centre of Nokia outside Bali. Its simply about competition amongst each distributors running their own store and service support to gain credit from Nokia principal.

About 2 years ago Nokia had changed their regulations in Indonesia so now we can simply drop off a Nokia to any of chained service centre without need to know it was sold under certain distributor. But still for Bali, go to the one I said earlier: Bimasakti ;)

Hope this helps.