perthmc

Aug 15, 2010
hi,
I was hoping to gain some information about land purchase around Kuta in Lombok.
Hopefully something on the beach around 20minutes out of the main Kuta area.
Does anyone know of reputable real estate agents to go through?
Prices over the internet seem to be so variable i was wondering if anyone had a realistic idea for the cost of land in this region (hopefully something close to Gerupuk for the surf).
Are there any major legal issues with expats purchasing land here, or any slip ups people have made in the past?
Thanks for any help, i'm still pretty ignorant at this point as this is my first port of call for info.
Kind Regards,
Greg Leb

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
You cannot as an expat own land in Indonesia but you can rent it for a 25 year period with a further 25 years extendable, I cannot help on land in lombok but would suggest you visit yourself and get a good lawyer before paying any money.

Ben Johnson

Feb 16, 2010
I'd be happy to help you

hi,
I was hoping to gain some information about land purchase around Kuta in Lombok.
Hopefully something on the beach around 20minutes out of the main Kuta area.
Does anyone know of reputable real estate agents to go through?
Prices over the internet seem to be so variable i was wondering if anyone had a realistic idea for the cost of land in this region (hopefully something close to Gerupuk for the surf).
Are there any major legal issues with expats purchasing land here, or any slip ups people have made in the past?
Thanks for any help, i'm still pretty ignorant at this point as this is my first port of call for info.
Kind Regards,
Greg Leb

Having personally purchased land in the Kuta area for almost 8 years, I have a pretty good idea of the opportunities and pitfalls of purchasing land around Gerupuk. I have prepared a website entitled, "Complete Guide to Buying Property on Lombok. It is a non-commercial and impartial document which contains a wealth of information learned from the school of hard knocks! It may be a bit overwhelming for someone who is new to the process, but take it a little at a time.

The Website has a "questions and comments" section which you can use to contact me if you wish. I am retired, but I will be happy to assist you to find and buy a piece of land without getting cheated.:icon_wink:

Lombok Land

Aug 16, 2010
Land in Lombok

Hi Greg

I have brokered land in Lombok for 10 years and now reside in Selong Belanak which is about 20 minutes west of Kuta. I am marketing plots in front of Serangan surf break which is also in the Selong Belanak area. Please email me for details

Best regards
Michael Martin

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
... I have prepared a website entitled, "Complete Guide to Buying Property on Lombok. It is a non-commercial and impartial document which contains a wealth of information learned from the school of hard knocks! ....

Thanks for the link Ben. I have just browsed a few sections and find it easy to read. Not being an expert, I won't attempt to rate the accuracy of the info - but it certainly seems like a good starting place.

NDkutalombok

Aug 19, 2010
Are Golling, I think this area seems to be perfect idea, 20 minutes from main of kuta....
any idea? call 081805213495, come & see the land.

leeloo

Jan 13, 2010
Be very careful but go for it!!!!

Hi Greg,

First of all you must know the south of Lombok is full of scams so be very careful but don't give up! I believe it is the spot with the most potential, especially the aera around Grupuk. But it doesn't come cheap! If you want to be really close to the beach, you'll have to pay between 15 and 25 million/are. It's one of the most expensive spot of south Lombok with Kuta. A bit behind on the hills, you might find a bit cheaper but not much.
Another option would be Are gulling, there you can find lands for 5 million/are, 7 if it is already certified. This beach has good waves but only during the mansoon. It's 7 k away west from Kuta. (during the rainy season you can always go surfing in Grupuk, about 15 k away from there). But be careful in this area, a lot of lands are for sale but they are not certified yet and belong to the forestry minister. You can buy them but you can't build on them!

Concerning your questions about real estate agent, there are 3 main agencies :
- Lifestyle property
- Exotix real estate
- Lombok wiew

Exotic is run by westerners but it's quiet expensive. Lifestyle and Lombok view are run by locals. I haven't bought my land through an agency, but from what I have seen (I've been living in Lombok for 5 months), I would go for lifestyle property. Their prices are reasonable and they seem professional.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

leeloo

helmiz

Sep 6, 2010
direct deal

Hi Greg
Let me introduce myself.My name is Helmi .Iam Indonesian,recently work and live in japan.3 years ago i bought few parcels of land in Lombok.3 hectares flat and hilly land in Kuta with spectacular
ocean view,a 15 ares plot just on the center of Kuta(in front of the new by pass road )and another 54 ares in Are Guling.it`s 10 minutes walk to the beach,certified.just next to public road.
I need to sell that Are guling plot,so i can start to build my house.I will move to Lombok with my family next year around May.
Be free to email me .Regard HZ

Nasrul

Oct 3, 2010
Selling land

Hi Thread...
I'm a nattive people of Lombok. Actually, I have land around the southern coast of Lombok. It is located to the west of Kuta beach about 3 km from kuta. My land about 40 acre overlooking to the beach. I wanna sell it because I want to build English and Computer Institute near the Lombok International Airport (BIL). But my problem is I don't have enough money to build the building for it.
If you really want about my land, please reply my land.
Thank you

Nasrul

Nasrul

Oct 3, 2010
Selling land

Hi Thread...
I'm a nattive people of Lombok. Actually, I have land around the southern coast of Lombok. It is located to the west of Kuta beach about 7 km from kuta. It's call Areguling. My land about 40 acre overlooking to the beach. I wanna sell it because I want to build English and Computer Institute near the Lombok International Airport (BIL). But my problem is I don't have enough money to build the building for it.
If you really want about my land, please reply my e-mail nasrul1984msc@yahoo.com
Thank you

Nasrul

Ben Johnson

Feb 16, 2010
Good information at a website: explore-lombok.com .... Covers a lot of ground, non-commercial, and they guy who monitors it is pretty responsive to questions.

NDkutalombok

Aug 19, 2010
knowing its procedure is better...
lock it,,, do gradually payment... and do not buy pig in poke

love you everyone

Any information about Lombok's southern Gilis?

I am interested in buying land in the southern Gili Islands of Lombok. Does anyone have any information about prices and availability of land in places like Gili Gede or Gili Asahan? Trying to get an idea of the going price for land there?
Thanks

youmaytravel

Mar 24, 2014
Thank you so much for the potential very good information. But the link doesn't open. Can you tell me what the web address is?