aoc

Apr 23, 2011
Hi

Does anyone here have any experience in getting a surat domisili for a PMA in Bali? Other than the service offered by Okusi, I haven't been able to find any useful information.

Thanks in advance

aoc

Apr 23, 2011
If I am not mistaken, a 'surat domisili' is nothing more then a statement from the Kepala Desa wich says you actually are registered/life there. Know what I mean?

Yes, I think that is what is meant. But for company requirements they want a domicle letter at an address with a commercial IMB (separate from your home address registration). If you work from home and it's a residential IMB then they won't accept it for your company domicile letter. I'm not sure if you can use the same address as your home address if the IMB is commercial / residential.

Sorry, it sounds a bit confused!

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
yeah, it can get confusing along the way...you need A to get B, but they won't give A without B..that sort of puzzles :icon_lol:
I don't want to add to your confusing state :icon_wink:, but there is something called RU-KO for rent/lease, (RUKO means RUmah-toKO) either the toko(office/studio/bakery/whatever) in front of the living area or the livingarea above the toko. know what I mean?
Eitherway the adress is the same for both the living area as well as the commercial part of the building.
Maybe the legal side of that business-registration is not based on PMA, but on UD or PT...however it might be worth looking into that.
I have a friend (foreigner) who owns a hotel but is living on the premisses of the hotel...when I see him I will ask him about it and let you know what he said.

Don Albert

Apr 27, 2011
Any news on this? I am in the same predicament - thanks

Any news on this? I am in the same predicament - thanks

yeah, it can get confusing along the way...you need A to get B, but they won't give A without B..that sort of puzzles :icon_lol:
I don't want to add to your confusing state :icon_wink:, but there is something called RU-KO for rent/lease, (RUKO means RUmah-toKO) either the toko(office/studio/bakery/whatever) in front of the living area or the livingarea above the toko. know what I mean?
Eitherway the adress is the same for both the living area as well as the commercial part of the building.
Maybe the legal side of that business-registration is not based on PMA, but on UD or PT...however it might be worth looking into that.
I have a friend (foreigner) who owns a hotel but is living on the premisses of the hotel...when I see him I will ask him about it and let you know what he said.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
I think you will find that a PMA company needs a commercial IMB, you can live on the premises. There was a Aussie bloke setting up offices just for this purpose.

aoc

Apr 23, 2011
I think you will find that a PMA company needs a commercial IMB, you can live on the premises. There was a Aussie bloke setting up offices just for this purpose.

Yes, this is what I have been told. Managed to get an SD, but then a few months later, at some stage of processing something else, was told it was unacceptable because the IMB of that address was not for commercial use. In Jakarta it's easy as there are so many options and the regulations seem to be slightly different (I don't know how, but my Jakarta agent doesn't understand how to get an SD in Bali!).