Booking hotels online

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Do people here book their hotels online for their holidays? If so, what site do people use?

aquaman

Apr 6, 2009
I've used Asiatravel.com alot for other countries in Asia but never in Bali. If we need a hotel in Bali when travelling the better half usually weaves her local magic for that. :wink:

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
I have a bit of a grudge with online booking companies.

I am not talking about any of the big international companies here but a while back I found that our place was appearing some online agencies websites without our permission. They were using copy written information from our website... but out of date information and what I found most annoying was the rates. Up to 100% more than we charge, with surcharges we don't charge. Out of interest I got a friend in UK to try and book a room with us through one of them and was recommended to stay somewhere else, even though she specifically asked for us. When I complained to the people running the website Made received threats and was told to keep his wife under control. :evil:

The other websites removed the information when requested.

So my advice would be to book direct with the hotels if you can.

motormouth

Aug 29, 2009
Canggu
I always use wotif.com,when I visit Oz or when I go to other Asian countries they are the cheapest,better than asiarooms,who charge you first and if the rooms are not available they can take 4 working days to refund the money...rubbish.However it is sometimes worth cecking the hotels website or in Bali ringing them direct, they are sometimes cheaper. 3 weeks ago I was in Tokyo and the Sheraton was way cheaper direct online than using a booking website.The smalletr hotels in Indonesia are better called direct.wotif only advertise available rooms.

trinrick

May 1, 2008
Nusa Dua
baliholidayhouse.weebly.com
I have been using Agodarooms.com for quite awhile all throughout Asia and cannot fault them.Each booking acrues points that are redeemable in dollar value for your next booking and unlike Asiarooms.com they do not charge your card until they have confirmed the booking with the hotel.
I am sitting in a hotel in Jakarta at the moment and the walk up price is $96per night,I paid $51

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
I have also used wotif.com many times. Never had any problems when you turn up - the hotel is always expecting you and know that you have paid. Of course it makes sense to check if there is a direct on-line booking service with the hotel - maybe they will be cheaper, but I have never found that. The wotif service is nothing like the sites that Mimpi complains of - those that will list info about a hotel without the hotel's permission.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
I always use wotif.com,when I visit Oz or when I go to other Asian countries they are the cheapest,better than asiarooms,who charge you first and if the rooms are not available they can take 4 working days to refund the money...rubbish.

Yes I have used wotif.com frequently in Australia and a few times in Bali. Have never had a hassle with the booking and have always got pretty much the right rate for that hotel. They have quite a few Bali hotels under US$50, and the cheapest in Kuta at present is Sayang Maha Mertha Hotel at US$12. I have been meaning to try this hotel, but haven't got there yet.

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
I'm another who uses Wotif. Have used them for years and never had any problems at all. Mainly, though, it has been for Australian bookings. For our trip to Bali next month I've made direct bookings.

Butch

Feb 26, 2007
South Gippsland
Another vote for wotif.com.

Have booked many times with them in Australia and New Zealand and wouldn't hesitate to use them for overseas.

Also used indo.com a few years back to book in Bali without any issues.

Jesse

Feb 16, 2010
Melbourne
I think Google could give you a list of answers. Online Reservation is now a common feature for world class hotels so you sure find a number of packages online if you just search for it.

Pa_Yan

Dec 9, 2005
Hotel Katalog

I'm using Hotel katalog a lot. It's not a Dutch site, but a German site that collects the best rates from the European touroperators. They will send the vouchers to other countries as Germany too. If I compare it with Wotif, I think Hotalkatalog is around 50 % cheaper. As an example, I've booked the Hard Rock in May for 70 euro's a night. The link is here Hotel.Katalog.nl - Kontinent: