rasi

Just wondering if the bed sizes in Bali/Indonesia are the same as Australia. If I took over my sheets from Australia would they fit an Indo bed? I remember my friend bringing back sheets from Malaysia and they didn't fit the bed here...

Yes, I am sure they will be different. We have bought sheets in Bali for our beds here and they were the wrong size :icon_rolleyes:

Just wondering if the bed sizes in Bali/Indonesia are the same as Australia. If I took over my sheets from Australia would they fit an Indo bed? I remember my friend bringing back sheets from Malaysia and they didn't fit the bed here...
I suggest you measure your sheets in Australia first.

Mattress sizes here are as follows:

Single = 100cm wide x 200 long
Twin single = 120cm wide x 200cm long
Double = 150cm wide x 200cm long
Queen = 160cm wide x 200cm long
King = 180cm wide x 200cm long
Extra King = 200cm wide x 200cm long (and sometimes 210cm long)

These are the sizes if you buy fitted sheets. It's nearly impossible to buy a set of sheets that includes a top sheet here. The top sheets need to be bought separately and they are usually 40-60cm wider and 40cm-60cm longer for the overhang.

Hope this helps.

Fitted sheets, top sheets and pollow cases

I had the same problem with the no fit situation, frustrating. Luckily for me, I have a balinese friend who is a seamstress, so the items in question were fixed, and fitted beautifully.

I now go into Depasar to Sulawasi St and buy pure cotton by the metre and she makes up what I need. Tried the poly/cotton mix, but found that too hot.

Whoops Pillow!!!

I went to target pickup queen size sheets & they fit great, most of the sheets I have from here, they are made for a 4" thick mattress.

I went to target pickup queen size sheets & they fit great, most of the sheets I have from here, they are made for a 4" thick mattress.

4" mattresses ???? cant be innerspring, must be foam. IMHO like sleeping on cement. :icon_rolleyes:

Matahari and Centro have a good selection of sheets with deep sides, but as I said previously I now get them made to measure, in pure cotton. The poly/cotton is not great for humid climates.

prices of mattress

There is even an article on bed size on Wikipedia Bed size - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can someone tell me how much is a GREAT double bed mattress cost?? if i bought this quality in aus would be $1000 ($800 on sale) if this helps for comparission.

My 15yr old princess wants to bring her ...Mattress with her to bali!!!!! OMG, so i promised she could have a fantastic top of the range bali one!!! but now I am crunchy figures How much will a :) princess cost me???

ta

Princess mattress

I have bought mattresses from the Bali Advertiser. Recently paid RP 1.5 Juta for a king size, king coil etc etc just over 4 mths old (was given the receipt and guarantee) had it cleaned, and it is perfect Good place to check for sales is superBAGUS! Classified ads for the Bali community a new web site that is dedicated to sales, and much easier to navigate, when looking for stuff than the Advertiser.
:icon_razz:

I have bought mattresses from the Bali Advertiser. Recently paid RP 1.5 Juta for a king size, king coil etc etc just over 4 mths old (was given the receipt and guarantee) had it cleaned, and it is perfect Good place to check for sales is superBAGUS! Classified ads for the Bali community a new web site that is dedicated to sales, and much easier to navigate, when looking for stuff than the Advertiser.

thanks scout, appreciate it. I hate bali advertiser lists - does my head in!!!!!!!! I will check superbagus.

Another great website. Thank you for sharing, Scout.

Cotton Sheets Bali

Hello Scout, I read your comment re buying bed sheets in Bali, I have bought a super king mattress in Bali 200 x200 cm and my aussie king sheets don't fit, I need to use this mattress in Indonesia so would want to try your idea of buying pure cotton and have fitted sheet made in Bali, could you please tell me the shop name in Sulawasi St Denpasar. Thankyou Oenggaut

I had the same problem with the no fit situation, frustrating. Luckily for me, I have a balinese friend who is a seamstress, so the items in question were fixed, and fitted beautifully.

I now go into Depasar to Sulawasi St and buy pure cotton by the metre and she makes up what I need. Tried the poly/cotton mix, but found that too hot.

Whoops Pillow!!![/QUOTE]

I recently paid 1 100000 Rp about ($130.00) For a new queen size only 2 months ago. Its fine, not bad quality at all. So a really good one would still be much cheaper than Aus I am sure.

Bed sheets

Hello Scout, I read your comment re buying bed sheets in Bali, I have bought a super king mattress in Bali 200 x200 cm and my aussie king sheets don't fit, I need to use this mattress in Indonesia so would want to try your idea of buying pure cotton and have fitted sheet made in Bali, could you please tell me the shop name in Sulawasi St Denpasar.

I will have to check that for you, but why not go for a trip, and ask around down there; one of my most favourite and frustrating streets in Denpasar :icon_lol:

Back