Be careful where you rest your laptop

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
"Men who rest computers on their laps for long periods could be risking their fertility. Laptops could cause overheating in the genitals, damaging the user's ability to produce sperm, according to researchers. Their study found that when a man rested a portable computer on his groin, the temperature of his testicles rose by 2c in an hour."

sAndrologist Carlo Foresta said a 1C increase was enough to impair the production of sperm.

Wearing tight pants, taking a sauna or having a fever can apparently have the same effect, the ANSA news agency reported.

"It's quite usual to see young men holding their laptops on their laps, especially on trains, and we've found that this habit can raise the temperature of the testicles by two degrees in an hour," Dr Foresta said.

"Infertility is associated with a rise in temperature, which in both groups was about one degree."

Keep laptop off your lap, researchers warn men | Herald Sun

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Ever wonder why they hang outside?

Be much safer to have the little fellas somewhere in hiding - like in the cupboard at home?

Rainbird

Feb 25, 2011
Could be reassuring to some ladies. As in "Oh, great I don't have to use wierd stuff on/in my body. He's got a laptop"

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
???????

"Men who rest computers on their laps for long periods could be risking their fertility. Laptops could cause overheating in the genitals, damaging the user's ability to produce sperm, according to researchers. Their study found that when a man rested a portable computer on his groin, the temperature of his testicles rose by 2c in an hour."

sAndrologist Carlo Foresta said a 1C increase was enough to impair the production of sperm.

Wearing tight pants, taking a sauna or having a fever can apparently have the same effect, the ANSA news agency reported.

"It's quite usual to see young men holding their laptops on their laps, especially on trains, and we've found that this habit can raise the temperature of the testicles by two degrees in an hour," Dr Foresta said.

"Infertility is associated with a rise in temperature, which in both groups was about one degree."

Keep laptop off your lap, researchers warn men | Herald Sun

Researchers? You must be kidding???? This is not science, this is illiterate claptrap. This is bullshit.

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Sounds like a load of bollocks to me! Hot baths, sunbathing, trousers etc...
Surely they have got their own cooling system and any lowering of the sperm count would not be permanent.
If this was true people in hot countries would have much smaller families. Well that's not true is it?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Jeezzz guys lighten the feck up!

Appears that some people here take there testicles very, very seriously...?

Considering that most of the "guys" here don't much need theirs anymore anyway (if ever).

Rainbird

Feb 25, 2011
Traditional dress for guys in hot countries tends to be sarongs and those arab dressy things, loose pants etc. Not jeans etc. The effect of heat on trapped goolies has been spoken of for years now- No surprise at all.
And I don't doubt for a minute that laptops make uncomfortable levels of heat.. I use a macbook that sends heat out the bottom and my thighs get SO hot after a while if I use it on lap rather than table.
OK over to the 'real men use PCs' crew.....