Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Arrived back 4 days ago and finally got a connection to the internet. I am amazed at some changse since I was here a year ago. Prices have gone up at least 15%, traffic has increased by the same amount. On the plus side my internet connection although Sloooooow is only 50,000 per month via a 3g modem and unlimited.

Met my friend of 28 years today and it was great. Family dropping around on an impromptu basis as usual and all of us looking forward to the wedding vows to be retaken on the 30th. Ordered two pair of glasses today for less than a million and My wife told me I have to buy a new wedding ring for her. Price of gold sky high but for our 25th wedding what the hell :icon_biggrin:

After that the search for another house continues and finally back to Bali for a new honeymoon and continue the search. Still 7.5 weeks to go before going back to Saudi for my last stint and retirement. Life can be sweet especially when you have married one :icon_biggrin:

My boys and girls are enjoying the land of their birth and love being here. What more can I ask for.

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
What a beautiful post! Congratulations on the 25 years and enjoy every minute of your wedding day. It should be a stress-free, wonderful day. Best wishes to all of you.

Arrived back 4 days ago and finally got a connection to the internet. I am amazed at some changse since I was here a year ago. Prices have gone up at least 15%, traffic has increased by the same amount. On the plus side my internet connection although Sloooooow is only 50,000 per month via a 3g modem and unlimited.

Met my friend of 28 years today and it was great. Family dropping around on an impromptu basis as usual and all of us looking forward to the wedding vows to be retaken on the 30th. Ordered two pair of glasses today for less than a million and My wife told me I have to buy a new wedding ring for her. Price of gold sky high but for our 25th wedding what the hell :icon_biggrin:

After that the search for another house continues and finally back to Bali for a new honeymoon and continue the search. Still 7.5 weeks to go before going back to Saudi for my last stint and retirement. Life can be sweet especially when you have married one :icon_biggrin:

My boys and girls are enjoying the land of their birth and love being here. What more can I ask for.

JUDY

May 11, 2007
seattle wa campuhan bali
Hi Jimbo

Congratulations to you and your wife. Hope you have a wonderful celebration with all your family and friends.
Good luck on house hunting! So you are definitely going to retire next year? For real!! Anyway, interesting to find

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Can I ask what internet provider U use for 50,000 per month via a 3g modem and unlimited.
Thanx

depending on the area you live in 'Smart' can be a good option, 3 months free when you buy the 'dongle' for just under 1 juta. It all depends on where you are in Bali as to the best system. Of course if you have a phone line 'speedy' is good.

mobilemama

Jul 25, 2010
jimbaran
Still 7.5 weeks to go before going back to Saudi for my last stint and retirement. Life can be sweet especially when you have married one :icon_biggrin:

I thought I read ages ago that you were retiring,what happened ? :icon_surprised:i must be crazy.:icon_rolleyes: but congrats on all your achievments and your wifes also:icon_razz:

Jesse

Feb 16, 2010
Melbourne

Wow. You truly have a good sweet life. With complete family at a vacation in Bali is a sure sign of good life I think. People envy such fortune so I hope you enjoy it and give thanks for it. Congratulation Jim. :icon_biggrin: