Any need for finance professionals?

2positive

Oct 14, 2010
Hi, I'm a portfolio manager in a small hedge fund in Eastern Europe, CFA charter holder, and generally a nice and honest guy. I'm theoretically considering a nicer climate and less stressful environment. I don't have enough savings though, so i'll have to keep working. I believe there's a decent number of expat retirees on Bali who may need some help with managing their savings, financial advice, etc. Is that idea too stupid to even think about?

Thanks.

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Wecome to the forum.
I doubt there will much call for finance management amongst the expats as I suspect they mostly have little else to do much manage their own.
However don't take my word for it. Check out other answers. Better still come here and feel it out.

2positive

Oct 14, 2010
Thanks for your reply Mat. I'm also suspecting this isn't too realistic, but still decided to ask. Basically I need at least like 3 $million assets to manage and that's probably about 10-15 clients with 100k - 1 mil of investable assets...

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
You will find it difficult to do that without setting up a company so that you can employ your self and get a work visa. No other kind of visa will allow you to work in Indonesia on your own.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Pretty much the sort of people living on Bali are the result of good finance planing and investment don't cha think?

The fellas that need your help are all back in cold old Eastern Europe or waiting for the doors of Lehman Brothers to open up again:icon_wink:

2positive

Oct 14, 2010
Pretty much the sort of people living on Bali are the result of good finance planing and investment don't cha think?

The fellas that need your help are all back in cold old Eastern Europe or waiting for the doors of Lehman Brothers to open up again:icon_wink:

Damn... Well, then I guess I'll at least come on vacation. Got my tickets for December 14th - January 3rd. See ya. :)