Dkny888

May 4, 2011
Hi I'm not sure if I'm the only one but my allergies seem to be terrible this year here. :hopelessness:

+ Do any of you know where I can buy good quality HEPA Filters in Bali and/or order online
+ Have any of you had good experience with an Allergist/or Asthma doctor here?

Really appreciate any serious responses & thanks so much!

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
Hi again,

You just want filters? for what? Aircons?

We bought the Sharp KCA-40Y in Singapore and lugged it all the way back to Bali but recently found someone who could order another one in for us.

IT humidifies and/or purifies and deodorises.. Not cheap at around 3.8 mill......but you get what you pay for.

Air Purifier Sharp Indonesia.

Theres a sharp dealer imam bonjol who can order for you, takes about 2 weeks to get in.

ps....how did the boots go?

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
I saw Honeywell HEPA filter Air Purifiers in Ace Hardware on Gatsu a couple of weeks ago.

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
the link I sent is not an aircon. its just purification with humidification - for use in airconditioned rooms.

airconditioning (refigerative type airconditioning) removes humidity from a room as it cools the room.

this is the water that is sucked from the air and spat out the drain pipe outside.

dries out your mucous linings which can cause them to become irritated and worst case an entry point for infection.

so that machine is just a purifier, with the ability to put moisture back into the air (if so desired). or you don't use the humidifier feature and run it as a pure air purification unit.

I just read a copy of the straights times and every second page theres are adverts for these machines you are looking for.

I cant imagine theres a great deal of stock laying around with millions of people in Singapore and Malaysia having bought 2 million units in the last week.

Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
Hi I'm not sure if I'm the only one but my allergies seem to be terrible this year here. :hopelessness:

+ Do any of you know where I can buy good quality HEPA Filters in Bali and/or order online

Try ACE Hardware, we bought Honeywell Air cleaners with HEPA filters in Ace Jakarta, so they should be available in Ace Bali.

Lovegrove

Feb 7, 2013
Karangasem
Also, sort of down the same line.....does anyone know where I can purchase an "Epi-pen" - auto injector. I have tried several Apoteks in Denpasar with no luck :grumpy: I need to carry one at all times - thanks........

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan

See if you can get Fexonadine or the over the counter equivalent (in the U.S.) Allegra. It works for several hours for me, and have had this crud for over 5 weeks.

alex margou

Jul 20, 2013

If anyone is looking for an Allergy doctor try Prof Sukardika at SOS Klinik on Jl Gatotkaca (up Jl Veteran from the 4-faced statue then 2nd left). 0361 223555.

He'll give you the allergy skin test and then prescribe a course of immunotherapy jabs to get rid of your allergy. You might have to take one or two courses of 6 jabs (one jab a week) to get clear.

Hope this helps

ironhawk

Jul 16, 2013
There is a very good article about allergy in National Geographic Magazine (May 2006)
"Children who grow up on farms are less likely to develop allergies. This boy in Bavaria, Germany, is one of more than 1,100 children participating in an ongoing study to determine if certain soil-borne microbes—such as those on farms—help the human body develop immunological tolerance for the irritants that trigger allergies and asthma. The study will shed light on the so-called hygiene hypothesis: Too much cleanliness at too young an age may be bad for your health."
So if we don't want our children who grow up in Bali to develop allergies let them play in the sawah.