tony_brou

Apr 2, 2012
Hi

does anyone know what the current situation is regarding obtaining a license to produce alcoholic beverages in Bali.

from what i understand they are not handing out any new licenses but what happens to the licenses that are no longer being used.

is it possible to transfer a license which has already been issued.

thanks
tony

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
It will cost you a fortune :icon_wink:
Just a license to sell or distribute alcohols might put a big hole in your wallet, let alone producing it since it has to be approved by a lot of people
The theory on using an old license might workout but it will be harder since I would assume you will change the content of the original product but this is Indonesia, anything might happen with the right incentive :)

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
you could follow the proces of setting up an PT (PMA), and applying for the appropiate liicenses/permits..But like you say, "they are not handing out any new licenses", thus you would spend a lot of money without any certainties of actually getting the correct licenses/permits. Price of such license is by the way based on the % of alcohol that is going to be produced, and how much liters per year.
Old licenses : licenses/permits need to be renewed/extended every couple of years, no active business means no extension.
Taking over a business that has a license to produce alcoholic beverages is an option, this will cost you also a lot of $$$.

Jin

Aug 19, 2011
It is possible to set up an alcoholic beverage (<5%alc.V/V)production facility any where in Bali. But it is not going to be cheep. Do not expect to be able to compete volume or price wise with the likes of "BINTANG" and friends. What is on offer is an opportunity to produce your specialty niche market "high value product" (as in a much higher retail price than the local brands) in Bali.
If there is interest, please check out this link (sorry, can't post link at this time yet:cupcake:) . If by chance I can not post this link, just search "home brewing in Bali". You may contact me via the contact page for further details or any questions you may have.

Cheers all,
Jin

PS Hi Gil. Long time no see. Give me a call sometime. Your old numbers don't work. Give a Hi to Mum from us. Cheers. Jin and Swas

Jin

Aug 19, 2011
A brief update of my post yesterday. Please search "home brewing in Bali" with Yahoo or Bing. It will come up on the first page.
9oo9le's latest update is messing with the search results of the web page.

Cheers
Jin