A short story: Follow your happiness

begonia

Oct 10, 2007
Just try a refresh Jim. Anyone else having problems, just needs to read this post.

horre horre!!!!!!!! yujuuuuu yujuuuuu!! I got it, lumumba was helping me and I just got the smiles on the right side:icon_smile:
terimakasi banyak yap!!!

aduhhhhhhhhhh I don´t know about you but been on the new forum the last few days, has been pretty exciting and having to learning and looking for new things, I enjoy it!!!
Thanks a lot for all the hard work Spicy!!! I guess you will need a holiday in a few days!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I don´t know about you but been on the new forum the last few days, has been pretty exciting and having to learning and looking for new things, I enjoy it!!!
Thanks a lot for all the hard work Spicy!!! I guess you will need a holiday in a few days!!!

It has been fun for me also. It is good to see a bit more activity on the forum the past few days.

JUDY

May 11, 2007
seattle wa campuhan bali
I am confused. I too wrote a longer response regarding insurance..medical and dental, clothing, expenses, in general and when I tried to include a smile...ooops IT DISAPPEARED. BOOHOO. Mimpi I too forget why you are in Bali and Made is in Lombok. I guess I am Ms. Nosey I am interested too as to why you live in Bali and Made in Lombok. Maybe you have two business's . As far as Pembantu's are concerned... male or female.... my experience over the years is headache. Although I have hired family members male and female issues always arise. Although I try to pay way over the going price, along with extra money for holidays, children, ceremonies, illness, whatever the issues have arisen with the husband's of my sister-in-law, or another male pumbantu just lazy. think in the end to hire a professional not a young girl, boy, or someone who does not take their job seriously. You sometimes get what you pay for.

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Thge simple answer Judy is that for various reasons we want to live in Bali at the moment but for financial reasons we still need to keep a close eye on our business in Lombok. Made actually splits his time between Bali & Lombok.

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Pembantu & cleaning

In my experience, sometimes the two do not go together!!!!!!!

I went to Australia for 3 months, whilst I was installing a pool. On my return, the house was a mess, I had rat droppings everywhere, they had chewed thru electrical cables, chewed thru the plastic box containing my fabrics (that I use for quilting) and wee'd and shat thru those, the list goes on.

After a heated argument I sacked her, the reply was, can I have my wages for the past week!!!!!!!!!!!
An argument also was in full force with my balinese partner, who I presumed, (that was stupid) would be supervising her work.

End of story, found another woman, that I knew, asked her to look at my house, and tell me what she thought was wrong, the answers were correct, and she is still with me 18 mths later. She replaces the water, gas and pays the electic and phone, without being reminded, changes the beds every second day, actually gets into corners, and behind the loo and yes, SHE CLEANS!!!!! :icon_lol:

Very happy Bule'

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
... An argument also was in full force with my balinese partner, who I presumed, (that was stupid) would be supervising her work.
I just came back from a two week trip to Australia and left my Balinese partner to supervise the staff. When I got back, the place not only looked clean, but many of the odd jobs we'd put off to be done later, were also done. So, not all Balinese are lazy or lacking in supervision skills. :icon_wink:

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
I just came back from a two week trip to Australia and left my Balinese partner to supervise the staff. When I got back, the place not only looked clean, but many of the odd jobs we'd put off to be done later, were also done. So, not all Balinese are lazy or lacking in supervision skills. :icon_wink:

Ha Ha, I think he was too busy with the pool construction and perhaps his reflection in the water :icon_lol: